Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember the Dodge Daytona Turbo from the mid 80's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the Dodge Daytona Turbo from the mid 80's?

My cousin (in the process of financial learning - the hard way) bought one of these. It turned into his mom's car (she bailed him out) but it was sure a styling ride at the time. It was a deep black, black interior, manual trans, tinted windows and ground effects.

Anyone else remember how cool these were?

Found this and the memories all rushed back.....

My cousins' looked like this one.

The one below is what reminded me of them.
    Last edited by STINEY; March 11, 2014, 07:27 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

I have always kinda liked these. I remember when i was younger them running around town. When I got my license it they seemed to be all gone or wore smooth out. I can't remember the last time I saw one of these on the road, or rather any of the K series cars with the exception of the caravan.

Comment

Those were butt kicking cars.
      I'm still learning

Comment

Back in the day, I loved to walk those with my SVO . . . . Good to see a few of 'em are still around . . . Wrong wheel drive, though (Stupid Iacocca).

Comment

I have an old co-worker that has one of these on jack stands in his garage. It had about 10000 miles on it last time I saw it. His is silver and blue...amazing car.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

A friend of mine has one that he built RWD and 340 powered. Was featured in Mopar Action back in the day. I liked them, thought about buying one new, but got caught up in 5.0 Mustangs and old stuff before it went too far lol

Comment

I purchased a brand new 84 Shelby Charger drove it for 6 months then traded it in for a 85 turbo charged Shelby Charger the day it arrived at the dealer . It was fast but the torque steer was crazy . Drove it for three years then sold it .

Comment

Here's one for sale in FINKSBURG, MD, with the rare "time travel" option . . . .

Comment

I had an '89 LeBaron Turbo coupe in college that I bought for $900. Fun little beater, when it was running.

Comment

Mr. P Body built a Ram Page for DW its the pickup model... Turn it into RWD pretty cool build its in BS somewhere
                    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

eck.. had turbo warranty's jobs up tha wazoo.. made me lossa money

Comment

that buggy was the beginning of the end, like the other mister beachy, called a dodge omni...

it really is stabbing at the world today all mounted sideways and glamorous isn't it.

I'll never forget the time my 100hp 4500 pound delta 88 passed it with a 301.

I am up for the future, until it kills people.
                        Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 11, 2014, 12:28 PM.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Barf

Comment

The Conquest TSI was a better car.
                            Attached Files
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

My friends mother had a black one,it was really cool for the day. Remember the hot cop on the TV show "Hunter" drove one. There was the Chrysler Laser turbo z.

Comment

Working...
                              X