the web .. 25 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the web .. 25 years

It does not seem that old. Neither does my 87 subaru, with a 36 year old carb..

what are some memories?

I started before the internet, early 80s, in an experimental group for the computer called "apple"
    I then dialed out on my own in 1986, age 13, got in trouble..

then as luck continued, I was typing my crew chief chores into cold war military era computers in the early 90s.
    First I saw of the net, was u-maine, 1996. .colorful. I was running telecom cables there, grinding brand new glass fiber with a hand held gadget to create a connection.
    the first sight of the web.. attacked me, I had a stainless plate in my foot...seriously, I was attacked by a computer.

in 1998, paid an embarassing amount at radio shack for a compaq. Huge 5600i. problems ran deep enough to gain FBI.. as a victim. Simply fixed, and I joined a newfound thing called ebay. (I lost money on auction web - that turned out to be a blessing, gained the gov't and some ebay officials to gain a real ID )

took two years off in 2002, very upset.. to 2004.. have not stopped since. Been on the web ever since, almost daily.

I ponder a million hours...realistically, towards 150,000.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 12, 2014, 06:44 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

I jumped on the bandwagon about that long ago! But not internet.. Had a state of the art Commadore 128! Everybody had the lowly 64.. Went to college, everything was IBM based, got laughed at but we had some damn fine state of the art games! Of course they are obsolete now.. The kid hooked it up to his 60" tv, was weird playing MS PACMAN thattaway!

Comment

Working...
    X