Why I don't get schmidt done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I don't get schmidt done

So my wife's bloodhound has some parasite that, in the end, requires me to build another fenced yard within our fenced yard so that the parasite can die in the yard. So I spend 60 hours last week building a fence and gates.
    Then I need to do a repair on the h3
    Then this
    the reserve canister on the BMW develops a crack. Apparently it's a pretty common occurence

note the wet line down next to the bend? yeah

So I order a new one, a week later it shows, and tonight I go to put it on.

see that cute hose next to the alternator?

BMW holds their hoses on with wire clips..... which launch admirably into the 5th dimension.... so I try to make my own, after all, how hard can it be - it's just an open box

yeah.... it doesn't hold.

so at least a week to get one new clip....
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Anything wrong with using the stainless screw type that are on all American hotrods?

Comment

it would require changing the hoses - the connectors are plastic and the wire holds that onto the fitting....

Comment

Ahhh hamfisted, huh? I see your point.. Had plastic connectors when I looped the top and bottom hoses, between rounds somebody (me probably) would give it a few cranks with a screwdriver and when I took it apart, it was half diameter.. In your case, not being hot will split it...

Comment

Schmidt is like that. However much you do there's more of him (it?). Might want to ditch the exotic rides for regular ol' stuff with parts at the local parts store (just a thought).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Schmidt is like that. However much you do there's more of him (it?). Might want to ditch the exotic rides for regular ol' stuff with parts at the local parts store (just a thought).

Dan
            The parts are at the local store (we have more bmw dealerships than 7-11s), problem is you have to fill out a loan application for anything other than front wipers.

Comment

Some say, never own a German car out of warranty.

I don't get sh*t done because of all the sh#t I have to get done before I can go out and get any sh!t done. $hit!

Comment

to be a rude arrogant remnant of nordic sasquatch viking:

"haha. told you so.."

the plastics have been failing since the dawn of... plastics.
                this national sun burping cold spell is spectacular for truthed.

why can't the engineers just choke on a poly cholorinated biphenyl and let the real "scary" stuff called metal come back?

Why? because they are the only ones running away from their own stuff..and stay alive.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 13, 2014, 11:00 AM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

looks like a good excuse to pull it out and put a diesel in it?
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'd gorilla glued the crack and called it good.

Comment

Working...
                    X