Bench race this: Cadillac 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

(caddy in a BOP irritates me - which is why Brian continues to post up blog items about such monsters
    Why didn't you say that in the first place.

Ironically, It seems Chevy guys are annoyed when Chevy’s have non-Chevy engines in them, Even more so the Corvette crowd. Thus my desire for a Buick Powered Vette.
    So in thinking outside the box, how about a Caddy powered Gremlin, or a 2WD Pre-Runner Toyota, Datsun, Jeep Cherokee, or Ranger Truck with Caddy Power.
    Last edited by mike343sharpstick; March 13, 2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK View Post
      65-70 Impala?

Comes to mind because there's been a 69 4 door hardtop up here in very nice condition and cheap that someone pulled the 327 out of and I have a stout 383 sitting on a stand. Could be a cool sleeper. I've been good though, I haven't pulled the trigger because I have too much going on right now
      I like that idea, even early 70s, the big ones.
      I only heard one 500 ci run, the radian of power is so different the owner was actually mad at his own giant slug.

tall gear land yacht.. the big car idea is a good one.

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

this question has been answered before... Chevette.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
          Put it in a Fox Mustang. That way there would be TWO Caddy mustangs on BangShift that are not finished!
          oh Stiney where art thou?
          Beat me too it
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post

Why didn't you say that in the first place.

Ironically, It seems Chevy guys are annoyed when Chevy’s have non-Chevy engines in them, Even more so the Corvette crowd. Thus my desire for a Buick Powered Vette.
            So in thinking outside the box, how about a Caddy powered Gremlin, or a 2WD Pre-Runner Toyota, Datsun, Jeep Cherokee, or Ranger Truck with Caddy Power.
            my opinion of something other than a Chevy in a Chevy is "more money than brains" the point of hot rodding is to go faster, not spend more money (my opinion, the lawn chair folks and I disagree)
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              not to put my thumb on the scale, but what about this
              I like this idea, and up the ante with a mild turbo on the Caddy. Big Caddy's love turbo's

(I want to put a turbo'd Caddy 472/500 engine in my Centurion, plus I have the 4-6-8 valvetrain stuff to wire in at least a 4-8 switch. Controlled by a MegaSquirt of course.)
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Nash Metropolitan.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I know this sounds kooky....but what about....a......wait for it.......what a bout a Cadillac? Anything pre-73 would be loaded with cool and dripping with badderasserness.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Put it in a red C3 Corvette!
                    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                      I know this sounds kooky....but what about....a......wait for it.......what a bout a Cadillac? Anything pre-73 would be loaded with cool and dripping with badderasserness.
                      I pulled it out of a Cadillac, why would I ever put it back?
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

a late 80's conquest with 2.14 to 1 gears..
                        Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; March 13, 2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

82-87 Regal. Yeah, turbo . May want to stick with the 500 low compression heads though. Of course it has to be black.
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

quick an easy - 78-81 Malibu, old school - 49-40 ford, ugly - 52 or 53 Merc, slippery - 240z, whatever makes you smile

Comment

1st gen rx7 or a 924 Porsche.
                              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I vote for a lifted 72 chevy LUV truck with a cut and shortened bed, Exterior roll cage, big ass winch front and back and lights. Maybe set the cab/bed onto a chevy K5 chassis. 34's. and with a color actually painted on other than flat black.
                                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                                X