No announcement yet.

Bench race this: Cadillac 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously most on here do not understand the sheer torque that is 500 Cadillac!... I put the 500 in 6 different derby cars, running 2:?? Rears and 700X15 nylon tires and had a pair of 31's that the tech guy told me not to bring back.. They run hard..hot..hit hard....problem with the 500 in derby cars was it allowed HARD HITS, so hard it hurt instead of help.. Boy I could move big piles of cars with it!

Comment

How about a 62-3-4 Riveria?

Comment

G-body Oldsmobile Cutlass.

There happens to be a ton of cheap ones in the area:

Stalled project car.

4-Door Cutlass Wagon? This price is right...

'79 El Camino with a sunroof!

Fairly nice '80 Malibu for $1250.

1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

maybe

Comment

I'm liking the RV line, but I'm a sick puppy. I'd convert one of these first.
              Attached Files
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Don't you have a diesel chevy that could use a whole lot more torque?
                Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Remy - I think that is a GM motorhome, would have had a BOP bellhousing, TH400 whatever they called it in the RV, FWD 455 Olds power... the Cad would be pretty much a bolt in.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    Remy - I think that is a GM motorhome, would have had a BOP bellhousing, TH400 whatever they called it in the RV, FWD 455 Olds power... the Cad would be pretty much a bolt in.
                    I know. I've just been focused on my concept of a RV conversion of a Gillig Transit Coach. I rode them enough when I lived in WA, they're still plentiful up there, and I think one done in a custom semi-tractor style would be cool. Also, that was at four this morning and I might not have been fully awake.
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      Most were Olds 455/TH425 powered. The later ones had Olds 403's. I don't know whether the 403's had the TH425 or the TH325.
                      The FWD 455's and 500's had unique oil pans and exhaust manifolds for clearance around the transaxle.

Comment

I like the motorhome idea - after all, those things need torque. A pickup would be a good choice too.

But I also understand there's kits to swap them into a G-body.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                          Put it in a Fox Mustang. That way there would be TWO Caddy mustangs on BangShift that are not finished!

oh Stiney where art thou?
                          Et tu Brute? Oh the humanity!

The motortoterhome idea is a good one.....do you have a use for a motorhome? Not that it matters, but.

Anyways, here is some info for the swap.
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Bottom of this page, fellow by the name of Gary Kosier in Newark Ohio is the guru on these swaps.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

Beat me too it

Dang....miss a day due to school closing (spent the day on the hill sledding with the boys and the new dog instead!) and miss all the fun.

I vote THIS---

Comment

a cheap, easy to get grandma 78-88 chevy b body more door.. or in the o/p case a badge engineered same buick.. wagon bonus points..
                                I really think he has the car already.. that 40's buick he is building.. but looking at the vehicles he chooses to drive.. I'd say an older range rover.. to keep the yuppie lawyer vibe .(if that's what is needed)
                                it be killer in a intertrashional scout if you can find one that's not rotted to the bone..
                                if it was me.. and with the outside of work stuff he and his wife do.. I'd pick a 87 back FULL SIZED wagoner
                                Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; March 14, 2014, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X