No announcement yet.

Bench race this: Cadillac 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a set of motor mounts and a crossmember from a GM B-body swap collecting barn dust. Just saying.

How about a mid-engine Eldo drivetrain swap into a pickup - ala LittleRedWagon?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I like the scout idea - good axles, tough body (as long as I can find one with minimal rust worms.... unfortunately, if I build a 4x4 it will always be diesel - so no go on the 500 4x4
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Fox body

Comment

How about a mid engine tube framed solid axle 4x4 street buggy.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Et tu Brute? Oh the humanity!
            This is hilarious because tomorrow is March 15, the day Julius Caesar was assassinated.
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Beware the Ides of March ... or is that we came here to bury Caesar, not praise him? Jeeebus, you analytical journalistic types, I can't keep up!

whether tis nobler in mind to stuff a 500 inch Cadillac in this critter

or to take up arms against a sea of Allard owners and by transplanting, end it?

hey, see if DF will sell you the leaf blower Buick?

Last edited by Beagle; March 14, 2014, 02:53 PM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

why doth you hate on my Buicks so by arguing for the putting of the abomination of Cadillac motor into it? nevermind that it'd never fit and be able to turn once it was placed...
                I had one of those wee little cars with a turbo 231 Buick motor in it.... for the day, it was breathtaking fast.

Comment

Glad that didn't go to waste James! Okay okay okay okay......I've got it. The perfect candidate. Ready SBG? Wait for it....wait for it... Austin Healey Hundred-4!
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I don't hate Buicks at all. I'm not a real big Kia fan, but I pretty much love anything that keeps me from walking. Do this!

No?

This?

Still no? I've seen one with a 454 in it, overheated a lot. How about.... THIS!

Last edited by Beagle; March 14, 2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Fab a bellytank style body around it

More seriously How a about a big Mercedes body from the 70's or 80's.

Comment

Comment

I spent three days in Phoenix last week. Saw several nice cars. But one really grabed me. It was a 35 or 37 Ford pickup chopped and channeled like every rat rod person owns but this one was very ditterent. For starters the chop and channel were finished and the car was actually painted unlike most of these road cruiseing death threats. It had a Caddy painted in the blue I think they came in. The whole car was well detailed and looked frelly cool with that big Caddy.

Comment

How about a JAaaaaaaaaag!?

$2,000

$1,400 and already has a SBC in it- but has bad rear end.
                            1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                            1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Still no? I've seen one with a 454 in it, overheated a lot. How about.... THIS!

These are amazing cars. I would honestly love to see one, or a replica of one, hot-rodded - tastefully.
                              1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

these are one of my favorite cars - they're so breathtakingly ugly that they're cool

Comment

Working...
                                X