Critter Ate the Engine Harness On Co-Workers Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critter Ate the Engine Harness On Co-Workers Truck

I have a co worker who has a 2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, Gas.

Monday the check engine light came on when he started it at home but it was running ok but down on power. Yesterday he took it to the dealer,truck only has about 3000 miles on it. After talking with the Dealer Service Advisor the SA opened the hood and noticed the wire harness on #2 injector had been chewed in half.
    Seems this is a known issue for Ford, at least this dealer, the wire insulation is made from Soy and it's very tasty if your a squirrel!

the shame is acting as a cathode anode game to send a whiff for who knows how many miles..

I play in this subject today, ionizations, frequency.. all at home, no gadgets.
    I heatsinked a power rectify, bridge of battery and alternator recently.

the first time I killed my sube, it attracted hundreds of crows.. still does today, 3 years later.

the engineers need a little more teslanian "weirdness" written.
    GM has always been good...alot of machines have.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Honda too. I know of at least two people this happened to.

Comment

D'oh! So did they warranty it?

When I worked at a dealership, we had an Safari van towed in under warranty and upon initial inspection all the trim around the wheel well openings were chewed up by a dog. Got it up on a lift and sure enough a dog had completely mangled a bunch of stuff under the van, including a wiring harness that killed the fuel pump. We did not warranty that.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

No they will not warranty it, $600 and they are only going to pig tail it ! He ,as well as I, can do that repair no problem, we are both aircraft electricians. He wants it on record in case he has warranty problems. I'm thinking it's only the beginning....

His wife was a paralegal and loves to write letters a good one is on the way.....

Comment

Working...
          X