It made noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It made noise

While waiting for my baby son to wake up for his 3am feeding, I wandered out into the garage, found a switched 12v source that worked during cranking as well, and wired in 12v to ignition relay and 12v to primary fuel-pump relay. Twisted the key and VROOOM. Shut 'er down ASAP and now I'm on cloud 9. Have to get neck deep in an '86 Corvette tomorrow, so I very painfully, have to wait...
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Congrats. Nothing like hearing something come to life after a long hibernation.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Very cool. Been a while since I've had that feeling you get first time you fire something up for the first time.

Comment

Yeehaw!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

that is simply rewarding..
          a pile of the rest of details fills my head. Never stay gloating for long.

I have been playing with the little boxer for some time, lost count..
          plucked one out of a horse trailer, one out of a wreck, pieces everywhere...one sat behind a garage, with a tarp flapping in the breeze pretending to cover it.

boom.

start and drive, tighten the valve cover bolt forgotten..

it really is fun.

the v8 is always a surprise, pre exhaust, a bigger kaboom to life.
          changing compression after a 50k-100k mile routine in the same car is stunning... or any bigger engine felt at the wheel just to idle.

the little things are endless, like motivation if to have been there.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

And by the way, I don't remember you ever.mentioning it before, how about some info / pics.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
              And by the way, I don't remember you ever.mentioning it before, how about some info / pics.
              I've been keeping my nose to the grindstone more than documenting this one. But I do have a thread for it in the under $5,000 challenge. Hint: I failed and am a few grand over-budget.

1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
              1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Working...
              X