New Corvettes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Corvettes

Today we had our annual SVCC-TSRA picnic in Pagagonia, a wide spot on the road in southeast AZ. As I was leaving, I saw three funny looking sporty cars, they looked like some kind of hondacar or something. As I got closer, I realized they were new Vettes. Huh.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Ahh, they are not that bad. I only dislike the rear end ( tail light treatment ).
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

They are certainly different. Looks like Stealth technology......flat panels and angular construction. Might help defeat the LEO's radar..........
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

No Sir, I don't like em'
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I freaking LOVE THEM! They look like spaceships. I've seen several on the highway, some of them going illegally fast I think. They remind me of the concept car drawings I saw as a kid and thought to myself "I'll be dead before that happens" I'd have 3 if I could. Maybe more.

the four exhausts are dorky, but whatever. It's the Freaking GRX!

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I saw one for the first time a couple months ago - I don't get the criticism, they look awesome.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Waiting for the first Boosted Z06 to come in

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                I don't get the criticism
                I wasn't necessarily criticizing....just pointing out that the new one is not easily recognizable as a Vette. By someone who has owned one, worked on several, and been following them since the 60s.

It's a brave new world.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

As of the last few years I have to tell the difference between a vette and a viper. But yeah, I like them both.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

No quite me cup of tea...

Comment

I keep waiting for news reports of these things turning into giant alien robots.....
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

I wasn't necessarily criticizing....just pointing out that the new one is not easily recognizable as a Vette. By someone who has owned one, worked on several, and been following them since the 60s.

It's a brave new world.
                        I think they take their design cues from the C3, especially if you sit in it...
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I think they take their design cues from the Japanese.
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Overall I like it, but those rear tail lights look way to, what's the word... "Power Rangers"?
                            I am not a Vette fan, but do like how they had the traditional 4 circular inset taillights. classic racecar look to me. Sad to see that styling queue go away.
                            Last edited by mike343sharpstick; March 17, 2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              I think they take their design cues from the Japanese.
                              very sad.

a chinese roof top doesn't break landspeed records.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X