Microsoft Calling ? BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Calling ? BEWARE

I think this was someone trying to hack my computer with my help.

Last Saturday morning the phone rang, I didīnt get to it soon enough to answer.
    When the misses came in she called the telephone company because it was an odd number,
    0019, just that, the prefix for Cuba.
    Later it called again, it was a call from "Microsoft" and he could only speak English but with a heavy accent which I concluded was Indian or Pakistani.
    He told me my computer was, and had been for a long time, sending them a signal
    indicating my computer was infected with a bad virus and was transmitting it.
    The virus, he told me, would get by my antivirus protection.
    He wanted me to go online and start a search in my computer for the virus, under his instructions.
    I asked who he was and where was he calling from, it was a very bad line and
    his accent was dreadful.
    He told me he was calling from Scotland, to which I replied no, he couldīnt be as
    lines from the UK were never like this one.
    I put the phone down and he called back most indignant I had hung up, so I hung up again.
    I have an incident number with the telephone company and it wonīt be until next week that they can see the number in full that called.

Today Sunday, telephone tech services said theyīd never heard of such an occurrence and I should inform the police when the number calling is known.

Spoke to Microsoft Spain this afternoon, any contact with them has to be initiated by the customer first.
    They gave me an incident number and will be updated when I know more.

They told me they just donīt ring out of the blue.

Same thing happened to me ,I posted about it on here a while ago ,he asked me for some numbers or something,tell him to F'off if he calls back.

Comment

Working...
    X