Just wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering

Anybody here ever narrow a S10 rear axle ?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Yes, but you shouldn't. It's no more cost effective than getting a different rear that is going to be much stronger and then narrowing it to the size you need. Unless you just need narrow, but no power handling improvement. Narrowing a rear is the same regardless of what rearend it is.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Well, I've been threating a small block lawn / garden tractor for years . Even had one 3/4 built but now I have a S10 clutch , 5 speed , and a 350 out of my t/a that is # matching that I don't want to put back in the car at this point but , you never know. I need it more mobile than on the floor.plus if I can fire it up every once in awhile it won't lock up. As far as work goes it will only push a 3 foot snow blade and I plan on driving it to work once just to prove I did it. South side of Indy to the north side. Lots of these axles have disc brakes which would be great since there will be none on the front. Can these axle shafts be cut and resplined or do I just order new short ones. If the latter, who makes them.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
      X