The Boredom Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Boredom Thread

Things are pretty exciting here at work this morning. I've been out for a couple days. Taking lunch now, will probably be done with all my stuff in a few hours. Then the thumb-twiddling will begin.
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

starring at threads I've read a few times, we need some excitement! although chads mullett story rocked!

Comment

And I got my heater. Went to Lowe's, talked to a real helpful guy named Wyatt. He honored the internet price, even though it had to be ordered in special. This little tyke makes 50,000 BTU (plenty enough for my little 500 sq ft garage), and was only $49.50.

And now the house doesn't smell like kerosene all the time.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Hold my beer and watch this...
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
            Originally posted by 98ciHemi
            School today... videos on packing bearings. PACKING BEARINGS!!! Why do we need to watch videos on the subject when we learned how to do this three months ago.... No I didn't learn anything new from the video. Bored.
            now auto class is as boring as all the others
            99 percent classroom time -1 percent shop time
            take my advice -find a better vo ed line of work , like electrician , auto will not have many good jobs left
            Actually, Our auto class is pretty good for keeping us in the shop. Our teacher was just being lazy, I guess. I don't want to be a mechanic for my whole life, I plan on going to college for mechanical engineering next year. I have been blessed with parents that care enough to help set my future. In the meanwhile, I just like wrenching. I spend most of my weekends in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
              And I got my heater. Went to Lowe's, talked to a real helpful guy named Wyatt. He honored the internet price, even though it had to be ordered in special. This little tyke makes 50,000 BTU (plenty enough for my little 500 sq ft garage), and was only $49.50.

And now the house doesn't smell like kerosene all the time.

Any concerns with other flammables in the garage when that is running?
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Actually, Our auto class is pretty good for keeping us in the shop. Our teacher was just being lazy, I guess. I don't want to be a mechanic for my whole life, I plan on going to college for mechanical engineering next year. I have been blessed with parents that care enough to help set my future. In the meanwhile, I just like wrenching. I spend most of my weekends in the garage.
                A little advice, when you get there STUDY. I don't care how good looking the new girls are, if that's what you want to do you need to study. It is NOT an easy major. However, don't let that scare you away. Give it a shot. You will learn things that will absolutely amaze and fascinate you. My story, I did the same thing as you and now in my fourth semester I've got a new major. I didn't work hard enough soon enough. It will be worth it in the end.
                Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo

Any concerns with other flammables in the garage when that is running?
                  Yup. Very concerned. I'm a pyroparanoid. If I'm doing anything with gas or areosol cans, the heater goes off.

Right now its 73 degrees out there.

Comment

Working...
                  X