Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volunteers & Racers Needed For Texas USCA Race This Weekend At Texas Motor Speedway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteers & Racers Needed For Texas USCA Race This Weekend At Texas Motor Speedway.

If a Free Shirt, Lunch, Drinks, and Welcome Party sound like fair pay for a days work around super bitchin cars, then the USCA WANTS YOU! LOL They are still in need of volunteers for this weekend's USCA race at Texas Motor Speedway. And if you live in the area and haven't been to Babe's Chicken House for THE WORLD'S FINEST FRIED CHICKEN, then you are missing out. There also happens to be some fine Texas Barbecue in the area as well. And don't forget all the horsepower that will be running around the track. Volunteers are super important at these events guys and gals so please help out if you can. It will make us look good here at BangShift.com if you email Larry Callahan and tell him you want to volunteer because you saw it on BangShift, and you are a BangShifter. You can reach Larry via email at [email protected]

There are still slots open for racing as well, so sign up at UltimateStreetCarAssociation.com. If three or more of you sign up and use the club name BangShifters, you'll get $100 off each entry. Refer a friend, who then signs up, and save 50%! If you went to the Texas Goodguys show this past weekend you can get $150 off for using your Goodguys car number at checkout. Or, if you are a Ridetech customer you just put Goodguys-Ridetech in Checkout and you'll get a discount as well. There are tons of ways to save. If any of you have questions, EMAIL ME. [email protected] and I'll make sure the right answer comes your way.

Oh, and I'll be there shooting for the new Optima Search For The Ultimate Street Car Television series and I want BangShifters in my show so please come on down!
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Also, the first 10 volunteers who work at least one full day will receive a free BangShift T-Shirt! Make sure you email Larry and tell him that BangShift sent you to be eligible.

Comment

I so wish I could help you all out and beat the snot out of my car too. Have a great time and kick Charles in the shin.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Short on gas-money from WA, but I have a ton of free time on my hands. Too bad.
        1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

hmm being away from home for Work all week, then driving 18 hrs each way. wonder if the wife would kill me.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

A few of you have actually signed up which rules, but I know there are more BangShifters in Texas.

Comment

But are there more BangShifters with actually running cars (not to mention hi-fi "pro touring" cars) . . . and $$$ entry fee bread?

Sadly, the nose-heavy, drag-strip oriented Speedway VII isn't ready . . . and a stock 300A package, non-Brembo Coyote daily driver would be bringing a spork to a howitzer fight . . .

Have fun!

Comment

Sure the Coyote may not be a contender for the overall win, but you sure can have some fun out there. The amount of on track time you'll get can't be matched. At Laguna Seca, everyone was worn out!

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                  But are there more BangShifters with actually running cars (not to mention hi-fi "pro touring" cars) . . . and $$$ entry fee bread?

Sadly, the nose-heavy, drag-strip oriented Speedway VII isn't ready . . . and a stock 300A package, non-Brembo Coyote daily driver would be bringing a spork to a howitzer fight . . .

Have fun!

My Impala is completely outmatched by most of the high dollar cars, but I go an autocross to have a blast tossing it around causing tires to squeal. To me, that's the whole point, not worrying about winning some ten dollar trophy.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                    The amount of on track time you'll get can't be matched. At Laguna Seca, everyone was worn out!
                    Great points . . .

I'm more concerned with the brakes being worn out . . . I haven't ordered any track day pads yet for 2014 (or front brake cooling ducts, either).

And the worn street replacements on it now won't hold up to much track day fun . . . Part of two days on track at Hallett on the OEM stock and O'Reilly's replacements were enough to totally use up the two sets of front pads . . . and go "four wheels off" once because of a broken aftermarket replacement rotor (3 wheel brakes at 90+ m.p.h. . . . not too effective).

It would be huge fun, though . . . .

Comment

I'd be there if I wasn't on my way to Ca. Wednesday.

Comment

I volunteered at the Road America faceoff a couple years ago, it was cool. Way better to be part of the show than just watch it.
                        It's unique in that all of the competitors are having such a great time that everyone is easy to work with.
                        If you anyone is considering it, DO IT.
                        Last edited by mike343sharpstick; March 18, 2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I will be staying in my neck of the woods this weekend, have things I need to take care of around the house and save what little coin I have for Lonestar Roundup that goes down in 2 weeks which I will be I will be in Austin for 4 days covering the event along with BS member 1Y
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                            I volunteered at the Road America faceoff a couple years ago, it was cool. Way better to be part of the show than just watch it.
                            It's unique in that all of the competitors are having such a great time that everyone is easy to work with.
                            If you anyone is considering it, DO IT.
                            See?! Mike did it and it's fun. Come on down. We'll hang out. They still need more volunteers.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                              I will be staying in my neck of the woods this weekend, have things I need to take care of around the house and save what little coin I have for Lonestar Roundup that goes down in 2 weeks which I will be I will be in Austin for 4 days covering the event along with BS member 1Y
                              Since you are slacking and won't be there, make some calls and get them somebody to replace you. I would flatter you by saying that it will take 5 guys to do the work you can do, but we all know the truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X