The Kids are at it Outside Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kids are at it Outside Again

There's about 97 little kids playing outside our windows, screaming like banshees and swinging and stabbing at each other with makeshift swords and throwing unknown hard-looking objects of destruction at each other. Unit's in the back room, she can't hear. So she can't hear it.

Flowing like wild geese, our yard, their yard, like a tide. Our front yard is a killing field right now.

Unit doesn't know it's going on, I ain't telling her, and I ain't going out there until dark and early in the morning to go to work. If there are some dead ones in the driveway in the morning, they might get run over, if I can't see 'em over Bubba's hood. I'd hate that. But they weren't invited to begin with.

Y'all see how I'm settling down with this issue? I'm good with it. It just takes time.
    Last edited by pdub; March 18, 2014, 05:43 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Go out there and yell at them like the grumpy old fart you are!

Comment

Peedub, Ago east they are not in side with their face stuck in an electronic device.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Go out there and yell at them like the grumpy old fart you are!
        Nope. They can have it. They can have the property we bought and paid for. They've already taken it. Little bastards. We're hopelessly outnumbered. Like a war, if it was one. Can't win. They are occupying without international sanctions or papers. Rats. Ants. No respect. Their parents taught them that was okay, or at least didn't teach them it wasn't okay. That's what happens when kids have kids. That's what it is. The parents are disrespectful kids, too. With money enough to buy a house in a decent neighborhood, somehow.

Comment

Your front yard is wide open.......looks like a community play ground to them. I'm glad they are outside running and yelling and doing all the things you and I did as kids. Play swords, gunfights, all that great stuff. Getting 'shot' and falling in the dirt.......... It may be a PITA for you, but it's great for them.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            Your front yard is wide open.......looks like a community play ground to them. I'm glad they are outside running and yelling and doing all the things you and I did as kids. Play swords, gunfights, all that great stuff. Getting 'shot' and falling in the dirt.......... It may be a PITA for you, but it's great for them.
            I'll tell you what my real concern is, beyond me hating kids and being an asshole in general. What if WHEN one of these kids from down the street gets hurt in our yard? I don't know how that goes. I'm not exaggerating, they swing swords and throw stuff in our yard. They do. There's one kid directly across the street (not any of Superman's kids) that ...he's hurt other kids already at school. Violent. Anger management shit.

What am I supposed to do when they get to playing swords in our yard? Look away? Run them off until tomorrow?
            Last edited by pdub; March 18, 2014, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I have to agree with oletrux4evr and am glad they are playing outside and not with their phones or computers! HOWEVER I did see an interesting thing on that TV show where the guy deals with peoples crazy cats. He had them install a motion activated control for their sprinklers. Just sayin...
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Plant a hedge. No, they'll use it to dive over. Build a fence. That should do it.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                  Plant a hedge. No, they'll use it to dive over. Build a fence. That should do it.
                  Can't do the fence. Not on the front. Development regs. Forbidden. Barbed wire would be good, otherwise.

Yep, I'm as asshole but it seems like not many folks have had a problem like this one. So, we bought a playground for kids that don't belong to us, that's sort of unique. I'll fall back on the cliché that, "Your kids may be the center of your universe, but they're not the center of mine." And the kids with kids must think everything is just okay and alright, being as to how the kids run rampant. Fun time for the parents, too, wherever they are. Not having to worry about the kids. Uh-huh, somebody else can worry about them for a few hours. Hands off.
                  Last edited by pdub; March 18, 2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Good Gawd. Go outside and play with them. Have some fun old man. You're as young or old as you think and act.
                    Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

makeshift swords?
                      give em all some good old fashioned iron ones.

stop this nonsense.

Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

At least they ain't doing drugs or killing your cat or stepping on your tomato plants.
                        Just keep an eye on 'em, P.
                        Be ready to call 911 in case there's a bloody nose.
                        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Scrooge!

give the kids a beer, gun & some smokes.
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
                            Good Gawd. Go outside and play with them. Have some fun old man. You're as young or old as you think and act.
                            I'm of this mindset as well. For crying out loud, if the weather is that good and the kids aren't glued to their X-box, get out there and play along with them! Bring the water balloons! (It's going to be 82 in L.A. today ... so my perspective may be skewed!)

Comment

I had a big long statement written out. I decided to delete it. This makes me laugh because it is so sad. just so gawdamn sad.
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X