Importing bloodhound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing bloodhound

from Charlotte, NC.... my wife is going there tomorrow; maybe she can stop and fix the issue with the diesel on her way back (in Memphis)
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Good luck with the new fuzzybutt. And with the Diesel fix.

Dan

Comment

Wow.....long trip. Flying the pooch back? We checked into that just a tad when looking for our new dog. Prices were fairly reasonable.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

there is nothing reasonable about buying a mantracking bloodhound. This one has a famous relative, though. Nathan - the bloodhound that was in the final 10 at Westminster is her uncle.

Comment

Just yesterday there was a radio announcement here about volunteers and their dogs joining search and rescue. They also mentioned training for those interested in classes to train their dogs to be S&R animals. I guess its free if you sign up...good luck with the new pooch.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            there is nothing reasonable about buying a mantracking bloodhound. This one has a famous relative, though. Nathan - the bloodhound that was in the final 10 at Westminster is her uncle.
            I'd like to rescue a red female for my red male....just havent found mmany red females around at the rescues. Non AKC is fine...just want a pure bred.

My 1 yo RED is the pup on the top of the stack with no saddle.... I love my RUSTY boy ....
            The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
              Just yesterday there was a radio announcement here about volunteers and their dogs joining search and rescue. They also mentioned training for those interested in classes to train their dogs to be S&R animals. I guess its free if you sign up...good luck with the new pooch.

free
              except for the price of the dog, the vet, the car, the gear, and the gas to go do it. It's an amazing deal.... um, not.

Comment

my wife wanted another red, but this was what was available (it's black and tan). I can hook you up with rescue bloodhounds - idiots get them because they're so cute, but have absolutely no clue as to what they're getting into. Problem with most rescues is they don't play nice with others unless they were raised with them. We have a male right now that probably is a lost cause for that very reason (we, the bloodhound group).

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  my wife wanted another red, but this was what was available (it's black and tan). I can hook you up with rescue bloodhounds - idiots get them because they're so cute, but have absolutely no clue as to what they're getting into. Problem with most rescues is they don't play nice with others unless they were raised with them. We have a male right now that probably is a lost cause for that very reason (we, the bloodhound group).
                  Rusty has been raised with 3 other dogs...2 cockers and a beagle/pit .... He's used to the abuse. Send me a PM on who to contact. I'll take a black / tan ...we have a 1 acre fenced yard...hounds gotta run !!!!
                  The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
                    Rusty has been raised with 3 other dogs...2 cockers and a beagle/pit .... He's used to the abuse. Send me a PM on who to contact. I'll take a black / tan ...we have a 1 acre fenced yard...hounds gotta run !!!!
                    I'll PM you tomorrow with the contact information - my wife has it, and she's probably over Monk's head right about now.

Comment

thought some might find pictures of our latest bloodhound interesting
                      Don't let the cute face fool you, she's full-on floppy-ear'd terrorist aka Kenzie (Sue Grafton detective)

of course, Stella is showing her excitement at having another puppy around

Comment

so, she's fitting in quickly - it's so amazing to see that Rue (rip) taught Stella

who taught Buick

who is now teaching Kenzie

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 22, 2014, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Darn thing sure is cute! ..always nice when older dogs teach younger ones "the rules"...

Comment

Aaron, my niece is in full on bitch mode about an event and article about a personal friend of hers that attracted a bit too much attention with his K9 @oso. She wants my help and I don't have a clue about the protocol of these natural disasters. One short article in Everett rag seems to be the thrust of the drama. I an not taking sides as I realize mayhem is never the answer, but could you take a quick gander. Is he just a well meaning fool or indeed as the accusations fly, a poser. Apparently Kiro News has picked up the story.

News link is jus fine, you don't have to read the blog.

cheers
                            Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

While I am not Aaron, what I read about the slide (I am 6-8 hours south, thus it is heavily covered here by news 2 hours north of me) they have plenty of volunteers.. Even the residents who live there were turned away except the few who can operate heavy equipment... The site has mud that is 6-8 feet deep and quicksand like.. They need to keep track of everybody.. Maybe now, as the volunteers are getting tired and switching outm they may need more help.. Keep in mind the area is flooding now due to 100% rain the last 24 hours ..

Comment

Working...
                              X