SUCCESS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUCCESS!

Worked through the learning curve of how HP Tuners and EFI tuning works, in the most general terms. Got my cammed 6.0L LQ4 to idle nicely at 800rpm in park. Up to temp. Fan on at 195. Turned off at 190. Perfect! Still idled a wee bit rich, and it did die once during warm up, so there's a bit more tuning to go, but I call this a success. Just need to bleed the rear brakes and for the u-joints to finally show up that are lost in the USPS system, then I can take it open-headers around the block. Do the exhaust, put the hood back on, install the bumpers that are yet to be made and paint everything and DONE.

There is a rather serious leak from the front seal on the transmission though, which worries me a bit. I did shift it into reverse to see if it worked and all is well so far. SO CLOSE!
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

You've been sitting on this engine a while now, glad to see you finally got it installed in something. P.S. best time for a road test with open headers is when the bars close, cops are to busy busting drunk drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
      You've been sitting on this engine a while now, glad to see you finally got it installed in something. P.S. best time for a road test with open headers is when the bars close, cops are to busy busting drunk drivers.
      I'll just toss the mufflers and x-pipe in the back and say I'm on my way to the muffler shop...I wouldn't be lying. The muffler shop is my garage and that's my destination.
      1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
      1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post

I'll just toss the mufflers and x-pipe in the back and say I'm on my way to the muffler shop...I wouldn't be lying. The muffler shop is my garage and that's my destination.
        As long as you're not pulling a trailer in California you should be ok either way.....F'n dick heads....

Comment

Why do they allow shit like this on television anyway??

Comment

Working...
          X