Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Push Button Autos? why did they die out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
    I'm not even fat, and I love the slide-away column in my 66 Bird! LOL
    My '67 T-bird's wheel moves right AND up automatically when the drivers door is opened!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

thats pretty awesome. Tbird was one of the most luxurious domestic cars back in its day. a real grand tourer
      Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Jaguar has had a dial shifter that rose out of the console since around 2008 in the XKs and XFs. Weirdly it reminds me of the control on a microwave at work that you turn the dial and it highlights the time then you press start.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Most of my 'heaps' have pushbutton transmission.
          '57 Plymouth, '59 Dodge, '60 Chrysler NewYorker, '62 NewYorker wagon and my '64 Chrysler NewYorker 'Salon' all have pushbutton transmission controls.
          The '65 Chrysler convertible has indeed as Jim mentioned a cable operated transmission but a steeringcolumn shifter.

Here's the dash of my '60 NewYorker;

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

And that makes you the undisputed King of Cool BBM
            Last edited by TheSilverBuick; March 24, 2014, 04:00 PM.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

1958 Edsel.........push button in center of steering wheel

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

My dad had push button transmission in the family's station wagon

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

those are so cool. may need to buy myself an edsel or a mopar.

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
                    those are so cool. may need to buy myself an edsel or a mopar.
                    Blue interior is Rambler in the pic Monk posted..

Comment

that would make sense since the Floor mat says Rambler....

I need to learn how to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
                        that would make sense since the Floor mat says Rambler.... I need to learn how to read.
                        My fancy name is Robert.. Like the "R"... ;)). Mom had a 59 Rambler wagon..had the starter button in the column shifter.. Lift it to the wheel and start it...

Comment

thats awesome. I love the way the early rambler wagons look.

Comment

Working...
                          X