Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE WELDING ANYTHING!!!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some metal plumber's strap and it'll be good as new.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

JBWeld it... Slather it on!

Comment

Loc-Tite instant adhesive! Duct tape and balin' wire!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

So with all your guys encouragement, I made it out to the shop to assess what this plow jockey has done. I can only assume since he didn't paint it like the fuel tank sprayfoam artistry on the blogs, he may not have been proud of it. Yet he did sell it to my family friend without disguising it. So I took it apart and thought I'd show you the highlights... Does this look like a lion to anybody else??? At what point do you think they were confident they had enough?... Looks like the chain has been off a few times. So to begin with, I tried to take measurements to determine whats square to....yep, thats were I got stuck. I thought maybe the horrific seperation of the swingarm from the DoubleBubble fix might have caused this... Nope,,,thats how the new hire at China Tech fashioned and attached the components. You can see the break line and the weld is undisturbed. Further, you can tell fixturing and skillfull welding techniques are utilized at this facility exclusively. Grinding to the base metal, you see this guy never had a penetrable BB much less a bead! So this is the fix...3/4 chromemoly tubing with 5/8 sleeves. The slot is for the tube to slide into so once in place, it can be drivin into the upper frame tube with a chisel. Measured it multiple times...yeah...the swingarm does not run parallel with the axles
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC View Post
            OMG!!! You guys are cracking me up with your comments! Full break down and pics of repair are comin tonight.

looking forward to seeing them..

I'd swear they make stuff so you cannot fix it. I learned a subaru even had poly something layers for the cheapass piles of certain parts.. like the life and death rear end holding suspension. That is what I see in the boogerish project posted.

I won, as frankenstein. Hard enough to pop truck struts..like hollow candy canes today. Not many speak up about the weird steel stuff...hardly ever pretty.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Beautiful work!! Man! No pentretion?

Comment

After grinding down the otherside, I filled in the chain attack, a crack that had started that prompted the offense on the other side, and ground and blended the bracket. Goin home this weekend so a grandson can wreck havoc on this indestructable proudly made in China facsimile of a quad.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by AFFORDILLAC; March 26, 2014, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Fantastic rebuild. You have not disappointed the masses!
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I must be way lagged.. does anybody see this post?

..and nice work. that steel was plenty weldable. dirty or lack of heat..or reverse polarity.

I thought he might have gone right through, but the grind was a tell all.

the offset is to gather linear to rotation.. parallel would be a flipper.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

You did a good job with the repairs, real nice work! The real problem is that thing was made in China. You are going to be fixing and repairing more than your kids get to ride.

Comment

Hey,

Thought you might like this effort. Welder unknown.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                          You did a good job with the repairs, real nice work! The real problem is that thing was made in China. You are going to be fixing and repairing more than your kids get to ride.
                          I was thinking along the same lines - your repair is now the most valuable part of the quad! Very nice work indeed!
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

WOW - i'm usually frugal - but this tells me the belief I've had for years - quality used is better than cheap new - holds true in this arena.

that fuel tank sump is hilarious - I guess it leaked and he just kept adding filler rod till it stopped? WOW
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You guys remember that guy with a dirt bike or something that he was welding up an exhaust system that went viral? There was a link posted here about a year or two back. Yeah, he even had his dog underneath while "welding".
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I'm impressed. Great fix!

Comment

Working...
                                X