• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real General Lee..........

Just $195,000

Interesting read.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charge...US_Cars_Trucks

Last edited by Monk; March 22, 2014, 06:50 PM.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

rare stuff, I bet they get the big bucks.

I was just chuckling at the new charlie brown movie, 3d looking.. and there is that general lee showing up.
    I was a kid who really watched in awe...very first show, until the end.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

From Wiki: In March 2008, Schneider auctioned off his "General Lee" Dodge Charger with the winning bidder being a car dealer and collector living in Hardy County, West Virginia.[citation needed] From what I understood was he tried to run The Silver State Classic with it, and had problems passing tech... Seems that one had a 426 Hemi.. But then, I may be way wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        From Wiki: In March 2008, Schneider auctioned off his "General Lee" Dodge Charger with the winning bidder being a car dealer and collector living in Hardy County, West Virginia.[citation needed] From what I understood was he tried to run The Silver State Classic with it, and had problems passing tech... Seems that one had a 426 Hemi.. But then, I may be way wrong...
        I just got around to looking at wikipedia..
        the general lee was almost named "traveler", for the real moonrunner.

all that stuff was the basis for nascar today , hence the show was never considered silly.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

I just got around to looking at wikipedia..
          the general lee was almost named "traveler", for the real moonrunner.

all that stuff was the basis for nascar today , hence the show was never considered silly.
          Did a little checking myself and there's even a Dukes of Hazard website........with more info

DB looks like they did use some 440's in some of the cars

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Interesting... John's was a Hemi after all.. Sold for a sneeze under $10 mil........http://www.autoblog.com/photos/gener...#photo-449893/

Comment

Working...
            X