i have some weird tastes in cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have some weird tastes in cars

this occurred to me today as i am about to pick up a 1990 Celebrity eurosport wagon. not because i need a car far from it as i have 3 and all currently run but because i found it and thought ti was "cool"

then i started thinking of all the other cars i bought because they where "cool"

1992 LeBaron convertible with the rare white leather
    88 Diplomat
    89 Caravan "Ramvan" cargo van with barn doors
    85 4.3 TBI monte carlo cl
    a fleet of 97-03 supercharged grand prixs
    85 1/2 SVO mustang
    86 T-bird turbo coupe
    78 cougar XR7

and many other weird obscure 80's and 90's cars no one in there right mind would think of getting

i think the only real normal car i bought was the 84 chevrolet berlinetta (the fancy "camaro")

but really the celebrity wagon is a new one and is making me think what the hell lol

Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Mater, I would agree that's a weird collection there but hey it's what turns you on so go for it. I just bought another car two weeks myself......a 1957 Chevy 210 / 2 door and I still need to finish the Banana Boat (1970 Dodge) Maybelene (1966 Chevelle) and "The Beast" (Chevy pickup).......I'm loosing my mine.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

that's only a small sample i have had over 38 cars/trucks sense i started driving in 2002 here is an example picture of the celebrity. the one i am looking at has a white grill and aftermarket rims some american racing ones in 17"

Click image for larger version

Name:	std_1988_Chevrolet_Celebrity_Eurosport__Wagon-white-fVl-mx-.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	921691

the added bonus is the rims can fit on the lebaron so i can finally get rid of the horrible rims it has now
      Last edited by Mater; March 26, 2014, 04:31 AM.
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I was starting to worry about the "normalcy" of this site. Thanks for keeping it unique... weird means I'm not walking down rows of the "Five acceptable cars"

I sorta miss my weird little car, a '76 Capri II. Let's see pics of said Eurosport?
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
          that's only a small sample i have had over 38 cars/trucks sense i started driving in 2002 here is an example picture of the celebrity. the one i am looking at has a white grill and aftermarket rims some american racing ones in 17"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n921691[/ATTACH]

the added bonus is the rims can fit on the lebaron so i can finally get rid of the horrible rims it has now
          your mopar link doesn't work (in sig)
          what's the lug pattern 100mm on 5?

Comment

i have no links in my sig i just high lighted them with there color LOL (the sig is from the pre site change still trying to figure out how to add pictures again to sigs)

the lebaron has 100x5 the celebrity is probably the same the rims on it are dual pattern 100x5 and 114.3x5

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              I was starting to worry about the "normalcy" of this site. Thanks for keeping it unique... weird means I'm not walking down rows of the "Five acceptable cars"

I sorta miss my weird little car, a '76 Capri II. Let's see pics of said Eurosport?
              when i get it on thursday there will proably be a whole thread and build becuase well i cant leave well enough alone lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                i have no links in my sig i just high lighted them with there color LOL (the sig is from the pre site change still trying to figure out how to add pictures again to sigs) the lebaron has 100x5 the celebrity is probably the same the rims on it are dual pattern 100x5 and 114.3x5
                whate the lebaron wheels look like.. 16"x6 I ask as I'm try'n to find larger wheels for the fiero.. as I have 14" on it..
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; March 26, 2014, 06:04 AM.

Comment

gotcha the wheels will fit

some fiero owners even do a lebaron brake swap to get bigger brakes on the front end

for 16" wheels you need to look at higher trim levels mainly the GTC. the base (like mine) came form the factory with 14" steelies
                  Last edited by Mater; March 26, 2014, 07:35 AM.

Comment

me and my buddy Jerry put ots of miles on his moms marron euro wagon back in high school. I liked that car, I still do...you just never see the damned things anymore.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Would you have any use for a set of the optional (X-11 style) aluminum rims for the Celeb? They're only 14s but they look kinda cool. Of course we're a long way from you in MI...

Comment

I still want a 58 Rambler.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                          Would you have any use for a set of the optional (X-11 style) aluminum rims for the Celeb? They're only 14s but they look kinda cool. Of course we're a long way from you in MI...

have a pic?

shipping might not be tooooo awful

Comment

This was a great car, did everything well. Transaxle issue finally killed it, time to go to recycle-land, but hard to let it go. Not a spot of rust, or worn upholstery or anything at 28 years old, although I did re-paint it twice.

Comment

hmm can't see the pic on my end

Comment

Working...
                              X