What the hell is going on lately? {rant}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is going on lately? {rant}

I finally get a day off from work and wanted to change the oil on the 06 Mazda. They don't carry the Bosch filter in my job anymore, so i had to take my mom shopping anyway today and ended up in Walmart.

I head down the oil aisle and proceed to check the 2 filters they got on the shelf to find one oozing oil out of it and the other one has a nice dent in the side of it.

Really?

I got pissed off right then and there. In my job, i check the filters whenever I'm stocking the shelf and when i get one back, i check it out fully{found over the years people are a-holes and try to clean then out with water and i deny them the return cause they lie and say they did not need it}.

I just don't get it lately with his whole area. Everyone is either trying to get over on people or people are trying to get over on me...........and that's not happening.

I recently got called a name at my job that i rather not type out by a guy that i have know for a long time and helped him out with issues with his car. I just completely shut down and told him "have a nice day" and walked away before i grabbed the breaker bar behind the counter and just beaned him.

Another thing that happened recently i put in for a vacation, one part timer left for another job and a full timer i asked to take my keys cause they are going to be needed by him, since it's in his job description he is going to have to take care of the closing operations of the store while I'm not there and off enjoying myself.

No was his answer, i was again pissed off.

I put in for this vacation a month ago, a damn month ago and this right there cemented my attitude towards him as being a lazy, foul mouthed jerk and know-it-nothing that has to be fired when i get back there.

It just bothers me, but it comes with having a retail job........but I can only take so much of it now lately before i become one of them.

"I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

better the ambivalence that resolves.. problems can get extreme.

my own resume spoke aloud, leaves even the best speechless (I got helped by federal gov't).

imagine training a manager to be one, and then giving a ride home.. while you are not one.

I'm just a white guy. Don't hurt me.

on the oil filter thing, I was quick luibe man for a year or so..in the early 90s. I am so grateful to find billet reusable.. paid for itself quicker than I imagined. No paper shredding, blowouts or cave ins..stainless mesh, a relief valve set to my choosing.

anyway, take it easy.. I know snapperheads... don't become one.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 27, 2014, 10:57 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Yeah, i don't want to become a snapperhead either or end up hurting someone cause of this job.

Last year, the old boss just up and left then the assistant manager up and bounced at the same time, basically screwing myself and 2 other full time co-workers and having a staff of mostly part-timers. Things got bad real quick when they got a in-between boss from another store that was doing some shady dealings at our store, his store and making the already hostile environment more evident. Finally, that guy ran when an investigation was being started,along with a mass firing but at least they got another boss in the store that's awesome and treats me as an equal. Only him and another boss over the years treated me like that.

It took 6 months.

But after finding out my raise and the 1 full time co-worker that stuck it out......15 cents. 15 cents for the crazy hours, 15 cents for the days where we were about ready to start IV Drips of energy drinks just to keep up with the customers in the summer and those phones.

I could tell the higher ups what to do with it.

It's in the past and I'm letting it go right now.

After writing that first post, I took my dad out for alittle bit and went for a drive. I feel alot better, I thought about other things like the R/C cars i got and how they are collecting dust.

As of right now, I'm charging the 2 electronic ones and bought Nitro Fuel for the one in my closet. Also surfing ebay to get parts for the 72 and finally do a tear down like I've been wanting to do for the last few years.

-Steve McQueen

Comment

accountability is dead. and its walmart, brings out the trash in everyone it seems.

my favorite walmart experience is back when Loss Prevention could actually do stuff before ppl started getting all sue happy, I was there shopping and some fat woman was shoplifting, loss prevention told her to stop, so she began to ran and was blindsided by a guy the size of John Cena and got laid out cold. cops came and scooped her fat butt up and cuffed her.

personally, I thought it was hilarious.

as for getting screwed at work, I hear ya man, I got screwed over recently at my job, another guy was dicking around and not doing what he was supposed to, so they made some changes that ended up screwing only me. made dip-wads life easier but mine harder. needless to say, Pissed. was basically told to suck it up.
        Last edited by Shelty; March 27, 2014, 07:55 PM.
        Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Respect, common sense, common courtsey is out the door.. Opened the door for a nice looking 40 year old lady, you'd think I took an upskirt of her!

Comment

People are not adults anymore it seems, just big whiny children.

I handled a domestic assault a while back, husband smashed up the house and smacked his wife around because of a comment someone made on Facebook.... FACEBOOK. then the guy got uppity with me when I told him to grow up and act like an adult. He was 12 years older than me.

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Some of the ladies around look like they were used as kickstands for bikes face wise. It seems the way I was bought up I'm the last of a dying breed of having common sense and wanting to get things done In life instead of being buried in a phone ready to fall on my face or get whacked by a door frame.

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
                People are not adults anymore it seems, just big whiny children. I handled a domestic assault a while back, husband smashed up the house and smacked his wife around because of a comment someone made on Facebook.... FACEBOOK. then the guy got uppity with me when I told him to grow up and act like an adult. He was 12 years older than me.
                That's what ive been noticing also,its like a dumbing of what would be normal intelligence with his facebook /mobile generation.

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by Runner1972 View Post
                  That's what ive been noticing also,its like a dumbing of what would be normal intelligence with his facebook /mobile generation.
                  exactly. ppl think that their life is in need and deserving of drama that they show on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post

exactly. ppl think that their life is in need and deserving of drama that they show on TV.
                    Count me out of that drama club. Screw facebook and twitter, I've got better things to do with my time than tell everyone else what I think or am doing. I want my privacy, not my every move viewed by an audience of inbred idiots that cannot read at a high school level. u no wat a mene
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Everyone should have to work with the public at least once it would give ( some of them ) a whole new perspective. Did mine back in the 80's , parts and service manager. It was bad then, couldn't imagine what's it's like now. Don't get me started on facebook and all the other crap like it.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

As I started reading this, I thought about the times I've been irritated by
                        a) Customers
                        b) Employers
                        c) Staff
                        d) Company bullshit

Then I read the part where you got to take your mom to the store and your dad for a ride in the car just for the hell of it. Lucky bastich.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          As I started reading this, I thought about the times I've been irritated by a) Customers b) Employers c) Staff d) Company bullshit Then I read the part where you got to take your mom to the store and your dad for a ride in the car just for the hell of it. Lucky bastich.
                          That does the trick all the time just to get out of the area and clear my head.I found myslef last week heading out of town by myself to do some shopping for the trip...I was gone for 3 hours. Just me,the mazda and my thoughts about how this year is not going to be like the others

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by Runner1972 View Post
                            ... and my thoughts about how this year is not going to be like the others
                            That is so profound. That one thought helped keep me together for several years in a row a real long time ago. It was such that I would just stop at work and be astounded by it all, thinking, "In the allotment of time we have on earth, these days can't possibly count against that. They can't How can they count?" All of the stuff, at home AND at work. That's how bad it was, and that thought held me together until it finally got better. And it did get better. And it does.

Hang on.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

When work politics had me pissed, my wife woulf tell me not to come home till I cooled off.. So I took the back roads winding way home.. 60 in 25's laying low.. By the time I hit the ain road again.. Head was clear of what made me mad in the first place..

Comment

Working...
                              X