Avanti Cage Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Cage Preview

Just to whet your appetite here's a few pics that David Emailed me today: Carry on! Dan
    Attached Files

Wow! Artists! Looks very nice!

Comment

Very nice indeed. Thrash was quite productive.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

There are bits of a funny car cage kit and a lot of feet of 1 5/8 tube in there. Just cutting out the old cage took two long days. Part of the problem was deciding what to keep and what to take out. Anything with beige paint on it is the old stuff and you can see that there isn't much of it. Mostly, the rear hoop lands on an existing bar that runs crossways just ahead of the rear axle and there's a "T" off of that that runs beside the seat. Pretty much everything else told us it wanted to go - and it was right.

Initially the idea was to keep as much of the history of the car as possible but "as possible" turned out to be "not much".

Dan

Comment

If he wasn't planning of running it, history would be cool! But safety MUST be first... If it should happen to get destroyed (good golly, NO!) it is always nice to walk away..

Comment

Roll cage looks hell for stout!
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

In the balance of worldwide car karma, that just offset 15 muffler pipe "roll bars".
              "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words!

David sent me more pics and I figured I'd enter them in the Avanti build thread (if I can find it) so look there.

Dan

Comment

Dan, is this it
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Thanks, Neal! Actually, I used the "Search" function and dug it out.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X