No announcement yet.

Back to school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and you don't bring it to me because too edumacated to be seen with the likes of me?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Good luck. I was 32 when I finished my bachelors. You will be more focus now then at 18-22.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        and you don't bring it to me because too edumacated to be seen with the likes of me?
        Well, I currently have the 4L80E you gave me sitting on the floor in a puddle of trans fluid trying to diagnose why it's stuck in 2nd gear limp-home and to fix front and rear seal leaks. Hard to bring it to you when it's in that shape. Plus, I've noticed you've been busy lately. Good news though- I figured out what was wrong. Bad news is it's because I'm an idiot.
        1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
          Good luck. I was 32 when I finished my bachelors. You will be more focus now then at 18-22.
          When I was 21, I had something happen that kept me out of school for a while. Then I got a good job without needing a degree and figured I was good to go. I'm definitely more focused now than I was when I was still trying to figure out reality.
          1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
          1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post

Well, I currently have the 4L80E you gave me sitting on the floor in a puddle of trans fluid trying to diagnose why it's stuck in 2nd gear limp-home and to fix front and rear seal leaks. Hard to bring it to you when it's in that shape. Plus, I've noticed you've been busy lately. Good news though- I figured out what was wrong. Bad news is it's because I'm an idiot.
            but you're going to school, so it's all good. When you get it back on the road, bring it over; we'll weld something up

presuming another mountain doesn't fall on another town, things are getting back to normal-busy
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 3, 2014, 07:00 AM.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Best wishes on your new venture . . . We're never too old to learn . . . I got my last degree (so far) at 38 . . . .

Comment

I went back to school at 32. I had a wife, 2 kids, and a 6 day a week job. It took me about 4 years, but I finished my degree. I am not sure how much smarter it made me, and I have an even harder time deciding how much of it I use. But, it was important to some of the employeers I have had since I got it.

I have no issue with a goverment program helping someone that is actually going to do something with their life. There is no way a program like this could ever piss away as much money as the idiots in Washington screw us out of every day.
                Last edited by Mike Copeland; April 4, 2014, 12:13 PM.
                If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Brighton, MI

Comment

The millions spent hunting the missing Malay jet vs helping our citizens... Pretty lopsided to me.. I'm gonna quit before a cool thread gets locked..

Comment

Working...
                  X