Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Frankenstein engine swap have you done???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Frankenstein engine swap have you done???

After reading Nuttings blog on the LS swap mix and mash, and the hate that followed. I have been to Speedweek and have seen a Buick 8-inliner in a Nissan 240, and a Jaguar lots of other odd ball combos. So what off brand swaps have you done and are willing to admit to? Around 1991 I had a wrecked 69 Skylark with 455, and a 69 GTO with a flat cam. Yes that Buick 455 ended up under the hood of my GTO. Here is a random pic from the interweb that pretty cool, flatty in a Camaro.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ratpatrol66; April 8, 2014, 12:51 AM.

215 aluminum Buick in a Vega (2 of those). 455 Buick in a '78 Chevy pickup. How about a Mercedes 5 cylinder Diesel in a S-10 - see my build thread. Weird swaps are pretty much normal for me.

Dan

Comment

In the late 80's I had a great 1965 Chevy Belair with a 6-cyl/3speed manual as my first car out of HS.
      A buddy crashed his '73 Olds Omega with a rocket 350/350 auto.
      I wanted a V8 in my Belair, so I bought the Olds for the engine, and installed it into the '65 Chevy.
      Last edited by mike343sharpstick; April 3, 2014, 06:50 AM.

Comment

I don't do such swaps - y'all are a bunch of weirdos.

.... and get off my lawn!
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 3, 2014, 06:56 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

i put a 385 stroker small block chevy in a 4 banger s-10 about 20 years ago. seems like a common swap these days.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            I don't do such swaps - y'all are a bunch of weirdos.
            .... and get off my lawn!

The closest to what I've done is I yanked a running Pontiac 400 out of a '69 Firebird and installed a frankenstein of an OE straight six in it. I have two on the radar I'd like to do though. One is an dreaded LS into a Ford with my Thunderbird and the other is I'd like to put a Cadillac 472/500 in my Centurion (with a turbo...).
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Honda CRX motor and trans in a 70s high jumper buggy? Does that count?
              Attached Files
              www.FBthrottlebodies.com
              Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Oooo, that seriously counts.

Sacrilegious grafting about to commence.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                  I have two on the radar I'd like to do though. One is an dreaded LS into a Ford with my Thunderbird . . .
                  You bomb-thrower! Just trollin' with that one, aren't 'ya . . . . If you make that mess, can I have the 428 for my old Falcon?

Comment

The 4.8 into a '72 Chevy has been my first engine swap, and it is pretty mundane next to some of the other things in this thread.
                    Attached Files

Comment

the s10 swaps..
                      the 4.3 made to run was first, then the v8s..
                      early 90s.
                      I have never done it, kinda weak.

I used to drive a ton truck with a 400 pontiac chained in..kept breaking normal mounts. Dumbass combo. snappy 1960s pointy twacker timing in a ton truck...burned rubber after hitting third, getting on the highway..dually wheels.

They never did figure that one out completely.

other than that, I stay normal. An I-6 chevy for a v8..chevy. Common stuff.

I'd love to put a diesel in the front of the 1980s subaru tall gear set.. cannot find anything that would fit. The old boxer is a natural genius anyway.
                      keeps monkeys monkeys and big mouths, big mouths.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Nothing real fancy, converted a carb'd Ranger to EFI with the stuff from a 4-banger Mustang.

Swapped the 307 Olds in my Chevy wagon for a 455 Olds.

Olds 350 in '73-'87 Chevy truck.
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Took a SBM out of a 51 IH, SNB, put in a cammed, intaked 64 Merc 390... All it would do is smoke the hides..

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post

The closest to what I've done is I yanked a running Pontiac 400 out of a '69 Firebird and installed a frankenstein of an OE straight six in it. I have two on the radar I'd like to do though. One is an dreaded LS into a Ford with my Thunderbird and the other is I'd like to put a Cadillac 472/500 in my Centurion (with a turbo...).
                            trade you a 500 for a 428 - I'll use the 428 as a lamp base/anvil/anchor
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              trade you a 500 for a 428 - I'll use the 428 as a lamp base/anvil/anchor
                              I have a bare 390 block, or what I believe to be a 390 anyways, out in the back field that is ready to go as a lamp base/anvil/anchor, will that be an acceptable trade?
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X