No announcement yet.

Memerable job interview questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lines are infinite, line segments have defined starting and ending points. Geometry 101.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
      Lines are infinite, line segments have defined starting and ending points. Geometry 101.
      well a record isn't infinite so, that doesn't apply.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        My old boss, now a co-worker as I've moved up, likes to ask canidates, "How many lines are on a record?" Two! One on each side!
        This statement is correct.. The record srarts on the outside and the line stops on the inside.. 2 lines, one per side.. The circle is not connected... Guess younguns don't know what a record is...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          This statement is correct.. The record srarts on the outside and the line stops on the inside.. 2 lines, one per side.. The circle is not connected... Guess younguns don't know what a record is...
          You're hired!
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

You're hired!
            Great! When do I start ?? ;))

Comment

Your fired. Three dimensional line? No such thing. It's not just a line, and it's arc'd so not a line. Plus, it's got multiple dimensions. Line is defined by two points. With all the peaks and valleys, how many Lines do you think you could define on a record? (sorry, I mean segments, but a line is defined with two points. Three points makes an angle, now you have two lines...)

I'd go with two groves, but Lines? No. Stop snorting Lines.

As far as "age" goes, do you remember the one sided records on cereal boxes? How about the one sided Red Skelton sings God Bless America from Burger King?

Scott wins.

If your hiring manager is OCD or maybe a PhD, this discussion may be helpful. If they can't handle this discussion, I don't want to work for them. HA!
              Last edited by Beagle; April 6, 2014, 08:22 PM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

So who asks, "How many arc's are on a record?" :rollseyes: You can't fire me, you weren't hired because no one likes a technicality prick around. Besides, records are analogue, there are only two points on the line, the start and end.

Last edited by TheSilverBuick; April 6, 2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

See, the question works. I'd hire Bob because he's practical.

Comment

If you had a straight string and wound it into a "record" does it cease to be a line? .. It is just "lined up" ;))

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      a record has one groove and 2 lines otherwise you would not HAVE THE GROOVE..
                      Take no offense Randal, but I'm sticking with what those that used to cut vinyl say over those that didn't..
                      Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; April 7, 2014, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Hey Mark, they PRESS VINYL. My best friends dad operated a recording studio for years... I learned a little from him. Your groove definition of line would have three lines - the sides and the bottom. You know, an angle with an extra length dimension. Two sides to the groove... left side line, right side line, bottom line... snarf.

I got paid super extra good (pffft... enough to quit anyway) for being a technicality asshole... and worked around people who were far worse than me! It's all good, I'm just being a goof.... maybe I'm just channeling them.

Speaking of arcs, my interview question was "Why do they make manhole covers round" and I actually got it (hadn't heard it before).

Where did the phrase Groovy come from? Why didn't they use Liney? sorry. I'll quit now.

nah, one more. The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe. Thank you Mr. Zappa for screwing up my life.

TSB - don't get me banned, man. I'm laughing here.
                        Last edited by Beagle; April 7, 2014, 04:31 AM.

Comment

See, the question works. I'd hire Bob because he's practical.
                          I'd hire him, too, and the question makes sense because it makes you think. I hope you don't think I'm being all serious about this, I was kidding. I'm firing my grin typist - he failed. The people who I worked for would have been entertained by a lively discussion about whether they are grooves or lines or whatever. Maybe that was why they called it technical support? lol. I can't stop myself. Logging off now.

Comment

Working...
                          X