Traffic fatality 275 @ Lawrencburg, In / And ky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic fatality 275 @ Lawrencburg, In / And ky

Traveling yesterday I got caught in a traffic jam . Heard that it was a fatality near the bridge. Anyone from the area hear what happened and how many.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

^^^^ Really? Insensitive.
    Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Humm. Not sure how, just no way to not wonder what happened that shuts the travel down between to states for probably 40 miles around. Some how this has hit a nerve. My apologies.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
        ^^^^ Really? Insensitive.

he asked.. not bitched.. troll

Comment

UPDATE: Police Say Mason, Ohio Man Killed In I-275 Wreck

Posted On April 04, 2014
          Share This:
          By Mike Perleberg
          Vehicles move past the fatal accident scene on I-275 in Boone County.
          Casey Younger, Eagle 99.3

Update posted Friday, April 4 at 6:05 a.m.:
          The driver of the Hyundai Elantra in Thursday morning’s crash on Interstate 275 near the Carroll Cropper Bridge has been identified as Randal Cristofoli.
          Cristofoli, 43, of Mason, Ohio, was pronounced dead at the scene after his vehicle struck a guardrail and ran into the path of a semi truck.
          The accident remains under investigation.

Update posted at 3:25 p.m.:
          The Boone County Sheriff’s Office has released more information on the crash that claimed the life of a Mason, Ohio man Thursday morning, although the victim’s name is being withheld.
          At about 10:45 a.m., a passenger car and tractor trailer collided on I-275 eastbound at the 13.3 mile marker, known to frequent travelers as the hill climbing into Kentucky after the Carroll Cropper Bridge.
          Deputies say a 43-year-old driving a Hyundai Elantra was in the left lane and passing by a tractor trailer in the right lane. The driver lost control and the Elantra went right in front of the truck. The car then struck the guardrail and bounced back into the path of the semi which collided with it in a T-bone fashion.
          The driver from Mason died at the scene. His name has not been released pending notification of family.
          The truck driver, Sebastian Navarro-Tineda, 57, of Lowell, Indiana, was not hurt. Police said Navarro-Tineda was driving the truck for Tri-Union Express out of Griffith, Indiana.
          The collision caused the roadway to be shut down until close to 2:00 p.m. while first responders investigated and cleared the scene.

Update posted at 2:21 p.m.:
          I-275 has fully reopened following the crash in Boone County near the Ohio River bridge. While some residual backup remains, traffic is moving relatively quickly once again.
          The Boone County Sheriff’s Office announced that more information on Thursday morning’s fatal crash on the interstate could be released soon.

Update posted at 12:34 p.m.:
          Traffic is being allowed to move again on Interstate 275 eastbound at the Carroll C. Cropper Bridge following a fatal accident on the Kentucky side of the bridge.
          Traffic was being allowed to pass the scene using the left lane as of 12:30 p.m.
          However, a secondary accident – believed to be a fender bender involving multiple vehicles – has been reported on the bridge in the right lane.

I-275 eastbound is stopped between the Carroll Cropper Bridge and the Lawrenceburg-Greendale exit following a fatal crash that occurred around 11:00 a.m. Thursday.
          Courtesy OhGo

Original story posted at 11:42 a.m.:
          (Boone County, Ky.) – A reported fatal crash involving a semi truck has shut down Interstate 275 eastbound at the Carroll C. Cropper Bridge between Indiana and Kentucky.
          The crash occurred before 11:00 a.m. between a car and a tractor trailer on the hill just beyond the Kentucky end of the bridge.
          Traffic in the eastbound lanes is stopped as the interstate has been shut down while police conduct an investigation into the deadly wreck. The backup is extending past the Greendale-Lawrenceburg exit in Indiana. There is no estimation on when the highway may reopen.
          This is the second accident involving a semi in that vicinity Thursday. At about 6:00 a.m., an accident blocked one lane of traffic on I-275 eastbound for about two hours, causing a delay in traffic.
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Thanks Gale , p.m. coming. After I re-write it. I hit the wrong part of the screen and it disappeared. ( riding in the back seat of a explorer.
            Last edited by Dan Barlow; April 4, 2014, 12:15 PM.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

alot of rigs in that photo.
              I must be in the boonies...
              every truck is a lone undoubtable martyr.

elantra versus rig. Nasty.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                alot of rigs in that photo.
                I must be in the boonies...
                every truck is a lone undoubtable martyr.

elantra versus rig. Nasty.
                yup,, nasty, but it has 5 star crash ratings,, and people wonder why many people don't believe in those ratings.. and buy a big by huge suv or truck to drive their family around in..

the crash safety rating system can't change physics, no matter how much the greenies would like to tell you so..
                Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; April 6, 2014, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X