Bad Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Beer

I never know what to do about the office Christmas party. A $30 gift swapping gig. This past year I was working ahead of time and broght home a case of Corona, thinking maybe folks would fight over that. Then it turned out gifts were off. We did something different. So I was stuck with a case of rockgut we were never going to drink, I handed it over to the boss lady in the work parking lot sometime in January because she had mentioned the Corona ad mantra - a Corona at the beach.

This is an interesting piece, kinda says what I already thought I knew, but somebody finally took the time to write it up.

http://t.money.msn.com/now/bad-beer-...he-corona-coup
    Last edited by pdub; April 14, 2014, 05:30 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Shock Top orange or raspberry is very good! Tasted Corona and never took another sip!.. Will drink Bud regular.. Do not care for light beers.. Like the good local craft beers.. Some are strong flavored ...

Comment

Beer, taste the same going in or going out. I prefer my spirits distilled, not brewed. jmo
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Shock Top orange or raspberry is very good!
        Not a beer guy here, but I understand that Shock Top is VERY popular here in Wichita.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Regular Red and White leaded Budweiser, do they make anything else?
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            Regular Red and White leaded Budweiser, do they make anything else?
            Try Red Stripe.... Like Bud but better.. ;))....

Comment

I like almost all of 'em. The Shock Top isn't too bad for a flavored wheat, but German-style wheat beers are my favorite. There is a local from Kansas City that's great: Boulevard Wheat. You can almost always find it at Applebee's, if not at your local liquor store.
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 15, 2014, 07:12 AM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Not really a bear drinker but, I always did like Corona, it tasted different. You really need to stick a lime down the bottle when you have one.
                That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I can drink Mickeys....only with Snap E Tom added to it... Usually.. Depends on how cottonmouthed I am...

Comment

I enjoy beer, probably more than I should sometimes... LOL

There are very few beers I would hand back to you if you gave me one, Corona is on that list - it must be a Southern California thing - I just don't get it, it tastes like a decent beer somebody left in the boat cooler for a couple weeks where it got hot and cold several times - skunked we call it... just plain bad.
                    Another popular beer I don't understand is PBR - just don't get it.

I'm partial to Canadian stuff (being across the river from them we have more of that here than in most US cities) Labatt's, Molson, and being from Chicagoland - Oldstyle is still sometihng I enjoy - even if I'm not at Comiskey or Wrigley.
                    Last edited by milner351; April 15, 2014, 08:53 AM.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

growing up in milwaukee i was weaned on pbr, it's still a decent cheap beer that i'd drink over any light beer or budweiser
                      i worked with a lot of technicians from mexico, corona is rot gut beer in mexico. cheap beer comparable to black label.
                      my beer of choice is most any ipa, but my beer budget keeps me in mickeys. my brand for 40 yrs

HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

If someone hands me one with a lime I wont pour it out but I've never gone out and got one for myself. It's kinda skunky. I am not a big beer guy, when I drink it I feel full and bloated. If I do drink beer I like ambers. Yeungling is my favorite but they dont sell out this way. Killinas is okay, Alaskan Amber is good. I do prefer whiskey over beer, I have a bottle of Bulleit and it's one of the best I've had. Honestly tho, I have not had a drink since New Years eve so drinking really isnt on my list of things to do.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Tastes like crap (corona) I dont drink it. I lke Dos X lager. Does anyone like Heineken? Is it only popular here in the NE or all over? How about the new Miller Fortune,pretty good I think.

Comment

Corona. yuck, if you have to add fruit to your beer not worth drinking. I have said it before here are my 3 favorite beers.
                            1. free cold beer
                            2. free beer
                            3. cold beer.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                              Corona. yuck, if you have to add fruit to your beer not worth drinking. I have said it before here are my 3 favorite beers.
                              1. free cold beer
                              2. free beer
                              3. cold beer.
                              Neal, I've seen you in action, as you have me. Your three listed criteria are contrary to your mission statement in the first sentence above that list. I'm confused. Did YOU want that case of Corona I ditched onto the boss lady at work? I mean, it was free (to her). And it was cold (in January). I can get another case and Fed Ex it to you, or.....
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X