No announcement yet.

Bad Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW, Connoisseur's from across North America. Guess that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla ice cream!
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

can't drink beer, one beer and I get a headache like I was at a college frat all night bender.. but I can drink 2-3 tall shots of Jameson and have no headache.. by the 3rd I'm looped anyways

Comment

I drank lots of beer, back in the day. Heineken, Grolsch, and Guinness were probably my favorites - but by the end of my drinking I only bought Icehouse, because it was cheap and strong. What stands out as the worst beer I ever drank was Bud Ice.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

Neal, I've seen you in action, as you have me. Your three listed criteria are contrary to your mission statement in the first sentence above that list. I'm confused. Did YOU want that case of Corona I ditched onto the boss lady at work? I mean, it was free (to her). And it was cold (in January). I can get another case and Fed Ex it to you, or.....
          If i was at your house and you had only had Corona cold and offered it to me, yes I would drink it. May only drink one, but yes I would drink it.

I dont get offered free beer often, that is not cold, so #2 is very infrequent.(no i do not want you to Fed Ex beer to me. I do not consider it "free" if it cost you money to ship it to me)

I go to the garage, there is a case of beer that would not fit in the fridge, and a fridge full of beer, of course I am going to take one from the fridge. I have to make room for the poor warm beer that would not fit.

Like John said, I enjoy beer maybe more often then i should . I really enjoy beer when I cook, just goes together for me.

Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I've heard the real problem with Corona is the clear glass bottle - letting light into your beer is a sure way to skunk it.

Comment

I have the reputation at the local brew pub as the kid who like the "High octane shit". I like dark stouts, especially high gravity bourbon barrel stouts. IPAs don't really do it for me. I otherwise enjoy light beers and pale ales and the occasional amber. Michigan has a ton of selection from craft brewers, so it's a good place to live. .

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Tasted Corona and never took another sip!
                In the mens' room of one of the "finer" establishments in Baja California (Mexico), there's a row of windows over a row of urinals that face out toward a back alley. Across the alley is one of the local breweries, most likely a producer of Corona. Down the center of the alley runs the sewer line, which overflows the manhole covers continuously. Over top of the urinals is a hand-painted sign that reads: "In Mexico, you only rent the beer."

Comment

From all that I have read, Ben Franklin was quoted (rightly or wrongly quoted) that, "Beer proves that God wants us to have fun." Our founding fathers of this great nation were driven in some direction by beer, if all the historical accounts and stories are correct. Great thoughts have come from beer, and great inspirations. (Let's completely leave out the folks who get drunk and mess up their lives and somebody else's lives and alcohol is to blame for it all, supposedly - a human still made the choice to imbibe, and maybe they shouldn't have imbibed at all). In my case, I was on a 700 mile solo touring bicycle trip in the Florida panhandle, relaxing in a motel room after a 100-mile ride on a hot day, chugging a 12-pack from the local gas station....and it fell upon me - "Self, you can see all of America like this. You don't have to ride around in great big circles, and end up back home in South Carolina after your vacation two weeks is over." That was a beer inspired thought. So I did it the next year. Pedaled all the way from South Carolina to Utah in a straight line, then flew home from there. One guy at work, he said before I did that, "I've drank a lot of beer and had some great ideas, but I've never thought of doing THAT!" And innovation. Invention. Who knows what beer has caused over time? Here's a contribution to my site, again and always from Lisa in West Virginia. Now that the snow is melting in the frozen wasteland, it's sort of late to post this up, but this looks like a helluva lot of fun. And who woulda thunk it? Obviously somebody drinking beer.
                  Attached Files
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

We'd be wheeling in the coast range, stop for a few beers at the foot of "no climb hill" after 2-3.. It is "possible hill" then a couple more..it becomes " HELL YES HILL!" .. Those are fun!

Comment

My dad use to say there is no such thing as bad beer, just some is better then others. I'm fond of IPA and fortunate to have a micro brew in town. I get my growler filled up.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                      X