Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thinks Hot Rod magazine's best writer is a girl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
    I agree, shes really good!

Most of the HR staff seem to have strong points- be it readability, driving talents, or whatever.
    They sure do, be it the magazine or Road Kill, I have to believe they are all having a heap of fun. Like going to work but not going to work - going to have fun.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Did Chris Campbell get a job at the Ford Parts Counter ?

Comment

Elana is good, she has been getting some good interviews and articles.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Anybody know her history? I'd never heard of her until she showed in HRM and was pretty good right from the start. It's her fault that I've been eying Opel GTs too.

Comment

I think She worked for Taylormade racing for a while.
            www.FBthrottlebodies.com
            Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Why shouldn't she write well about cars? One of my favorite automotive writers from way back is Denise McCluggage. Denise was a hell of a good driver, and wrote articles and books even back in the 60's. She's still writing for Autoweek, and makes all the guys look like chumps. Then there's "Landspeed" Louise Ann Noeth - who wrote for many auto mags back in the day, including Hot Rod - and has published popular salt racing books. She still writes for GoodGuys, and other mags.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                I thought she'd start writing poser stuff in the mag but she dosent. She's a good writer and she drives old cars too. Im too biased sometimes.

She drives a '70 Challenger 440 or a '71 (?) Polara 440 as daily drivers from the Valley to their office in the worst traffic known to man everyday.

In the recent Editor's Challenge with Frank Hawley's dragster she beat Jeff Smith in round one. Jeff is no slouch when it comes to wheeling a car either.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Smith, anyone hear where he landed?
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Isn't she a member on this board?

Comment

P.S. Tell Freiburger I found his crow bar

Comment

I got to know Elana when she and Brandan and Clint came out to Omaha to shoot the '40 Ford that Andy Leach and team built. Then a few weeks later she let me be her chauffer at SpeedWeek. in my opinion the people who hired her did a great job. I love what she writes, and she's a genuine car junkie and all around good person.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I had to go back and read her write up about the new Z/28. Yeah I just look at the pictures! I like whats she is doing. But I can really relate to Freibugers last page write up this month. Between the toys, cars, and parts I got a real problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X