old photos and cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old photos and cars

I was looking through bangor maines history in photos..found people with cars.

looking through a towns history keep is a good source. The fire is the most drama, 1911. This place, to this day, is grotesque.

The house I am in survived, as fas as history knows its an 1859..war alters time, even the previous landlord was stumped.

I found this amazing. The view is from the tower I see every day walking outside, off in the distance. I just knew I would spot this place I am in, if to zoom in.. and think I found it. ~~ the arrow is quite possibly this building. the two lines are for the slate roof house next door with two smoking chimneys in action, in the photo (also still standing and well today). ~~

here is a "ladies posing with cars" candidate, 1941: ~

and here is a gothic looking 1970: -

and here is that damn hill in 1949 (it climbs straight up the photo on the right side) .

they should have called it "damn hill". ~~

I have climbed this "damn hill" at least 1200 times since 2007.

Ice, and snow, and leaning and straightened and potholed and filled..and all over again.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 15, 2014, 03:36 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Good thread! Old pics with cars in them are always cool. Post away!

Comment

Hers a whole bunch of new Olds on I think The Major Deegan expressway in NY (I87)

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
        Hers a whole bunch of new Olds on I think The Major Deegan expressway in NY (I87)
        jeesh ya know, I was trucking around with my dad since the late 70s.. his own car was a 455 delta 88, 120 was nothing except the whistling hood ornament and swaying...engine and drivetrain silent.

Stuff changes so very fast. I am "only" 41..remember my hands on the wheel, in my dads lap.
        I am going to keep searching all around this area for the photo stuff. The apocalypse modes here are terrible. My 1987 is a symbol of a flood apparently.. nobody keeps anything.

I see a flood warning at a height not common, got thinking of the past..
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 15, 2014, 03:51 PM.
        Previously boxer3main

Comment

NY auto show 1973

Comment

Heres our town in the 50's. Dosent really look like this anymore but if you squint and use your imagination you can still see it.

Comment

How to catch a bandit

Comment

Check out the last name

Comment

Throw this in the mix

Comment

It's amazing what you can come up with when you buy a set of Eagle ESP H-Beam rods....

Comment

Don't miss the train...

Comment

Comment

1910. fuuny enough, the spot for this photo can be exactly replicated today. Tough old granite.. I think it even saw a big fire that destroyed the city in 1911.

the car is a subaru with a 5.9 liter nesselsdorfer boxer four. Biggest subaru in the world. Been shrinking ever since.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 16, 2014, 04:54 PM.
                          Previously boxer3main

Comment

lol!

Comment

Working...
                            X