Kid at the Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid at the Door

I've for the longest time here gained a real bad reputation for ranting about the neighborhood kids. I'm not ever going to rant anymore. As we speak, it's almost dark, and 41 degrees outside and they're playing a screaming game outside, about 20 of them, bouncing some kind of a heavy-sounding object off of our house. I'm not doing anything about it. It's almost dark and almost freezing, and they'll have to stop in an hour or so when they can't see how to play anymore. You folks here have really helped me calm down about the kids. I won't go out there and Redneck them again, that doesn't do any good anyhow.

And just to let y'all know, this past weekend,,,,the one baddest one of all rang our doorbell. He was in the super-sweet mode. Just like he was after he got expelled from school for three days. That time, he came to our door, since he had three days of nothing to do, offering Sue Unit a flower he'd pulled up from his yard. Same little feller. Ever so sweet when he's not punching some other kid's face in, but I'm not going there - that's not what this is about.

This time, this weekend, he had a piece of paper, exactly as sweet as he was with the flower for Unit. "Excuse me, Mister, would you donate to .............school.................and for every math problem I solve, we'll donate............something." He had a piece of paper. I saw where three other local residents had donated three dollars. I still didn't (and don't) know what it was about. A very vague sales pitch.

So I got my wallet and donated four dollars, just to outdo the rest of 'em. Kid said, "You don't have to pay right now." I said, "I'd really rather, if that's okay." He sure took it and you shoulda seen him count those dollar bills. FLICK_FLICK_FLICK_FLICK, so quick, like a cashier at the bank. He'd done that before (count money).

I don't know yet what I donated to. But I suspect I mighta got ripped off.
    Last edited by pdub; April 15, 2014, 05:43 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Seriously, sprinklers set of by motion detector.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

For gardens they have sprinklers set to motion detectors to chase pests away.. Usually called Deer Deteer..

Comment

or paint ball gun practice

Comment

Tough crowd.........
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

shoulda told him you'd give him $5 if he could get all those kids to play some where else.

Comment

There you go. Set him up his own protection racket. 5 bucks a week to KEEP them out of your yard.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                There you go. Set him up his own protection racket. 5 bucks a week to KEEP them out of your yard.
                sounds like he has the skillset to do a great job of that
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My kids have brought home fund rasiers like this from time to time. The class or school will use it to fund various activities or to fund projects that are no longer in the budget. My kids school does it so they can retain their music program. I wouldnt put too much thought into this. I did something similar for a Heart Foundation fund raising 30 years ago. We had to jump rope and people dontated a dime for every minute I skipped rope...the world sucks but it doesnt have to suck all the time...relax.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

My boys are constantly selling stuff for activities.......band, soccer, baseball, field trips, etc.

Good thing we retail to farmers, those guys love chocolate bars - - and candy bars are a favorite of most fundraisers.

You are lucky Peewee, this is what my neighbors found on their doorstep a few weeks ago, selling Kit-Kats.

Last edited by STINEY; April 16, 2014, 09:04 AM.
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

it puts the lotion on the skin.....
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Joe - are you quoting from the movie Silence of the Lambs or does PeeWee need to pee test you again ?
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

This dirty old man is waiting for the local college cheerleaders to have their annual car wash.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            This dirty old man is waiting for the local college cheerleaders to have their annual car wash.
                            HahahahHAHahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

So Scott, what are ya gonna do with that, the annual cheerleader car wash? You better not do much, other than think about it, or you'll be on at least the local news, or maybe even CNN, the most unbecoming photo the press can find of you.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

HahahahHAHahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

So Scott, what are ya gonna do with that, the annual cheerleader car wash? You better not do much, other than think about it, or you'll be on at least the local news, or maybe even CNN, the most unbecoming photo the press can find of you.

My new cell phone has a great video camera. I am going to take the Caprice who's body side molding has a tendency to catch clothing. If I am lucky I will be a Youtube God.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X