No announcement yet.

Kid at the Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At work especially, I love it when a "We Didn't Have a Plan" comes together. I like your thinking Scott. I hope it works, as long as you post the video/photos. Yeah, at my age, I'd like to see it too.
    Last edited by pdub; April 17, 2014, 05:29 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

My kids wrestling team had a car wash not too long ago. I am loosley affiliated with them and help where I can. So I swing by to support their efforts. If you didnt wrestle or didnt know wrestlers in school then you dont know a majority of those kids are ripped, lean and muscular. Not all of them mind you, some of them are quite hefty but can squat a volkswagon. But I digress....these kids ahd a car wash, in Tucson, in the heat. What do you think they did? If youre guess was go shirtless you're right.The sad part? When they went shirtless we had a line fo cars from old women almost a block long. Not one guy, all women, all old...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Important lesson there about target audiences.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

If the cheerleaders start doing the carwash in bikini tops, I'MTHERE! SEX SELLS, pure and simple!

Comment

A few of the sororitys at the UofA do a car wash from tiem to time....it's a beautiful thing....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              If the cheerleaders start doing the carwash in bikini tops, I'MTHERE! SEX SELLS, pure and simple!
              Yep, reference the Chicks Posing With Tires thread. The math number on the hit counter is right there, overwhelming. Can't be disproven or at all denied.

Comment

Every time I see one of those carwashes I thank the Lord that I don't have a daughter,and especially ones put on by high school and junior high girls. My nephew plays high school baseball,and there's always a ton of frighteningly pretty girls there. There are no plain or ugly kids anymore,and they don't exactly dress frumpy either.

We have 7 teenagers in our neighborhood. I don't hear much out of them,but they bump music just a little from time. I do that too so that's no biggie. They're all active in sports and such so there's a lot of coming and going,and sometimes they slam doors when I'm trying to sleep. It's all good though.

I'm no expert by any means,and my truck is far from the nicest thing around. It kinda bothers me that nobody asks me for any help or advice about working on stuff. If I had grown up in a neighborhood with a guy who had a truck like mine and couple of other fairly nice cars I would've pestered him to death.
                sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by Karberator View Post
                  I'm no expert by any means,and my truck is far from the nicest thing around. It kinda bothers me that nobody asks me for any help or advice about working on stuff. If I had grown up in a neighborhood with a guy who had a truck like mine and couple of other fairly nice cars I would've pestered him to death.
                  Allen, it's a mix of character. Some folks just observe and don't interact. Like me, with Superman across the street. You maybe don't even bother to meet each other (I'm growing that way, by the way). So when he brought that red Corvette home I was appalled that a guy my age would get a car like that when he already has a house full of kids. So much that I took a sniper photo of the whole bunch out there with the car and posted it here and I got heat from Lohnes about the spy photo being so creepy. And it was.

Well, add some years and interaction and stir vigorously, that guy is cool as hell. We don't have enough in common to be what I'd consider great friends per se, and he's so busy with the family all day every day. I mean REAL busy, you're lucky to get ten minutes with him. But those are good minutes. He built the engine that's in the car, and rebuilt the transmission. That Vette doesn't have an unpolished inch on it.

Ignorance may be bliss, but ignorance sure is ignorance when you boil it down to what it is...and I'm talking about ME.

Comment

Karberator, I have become that guy. No one in the neighborhood spoke to me until I pulled the Plymouth out and started working on it. Now it seems there are four or five new "shade tree" mechanics within ear shot. They have come to me numerous times over the last few weeks asking for advice or help. I helped the guy across the street get the stuck bolts out of his magneto on his motorcycle, the guy up the street has come to me a few times about issues with his bike and his truck. There are a couple kids that pop in to watch me work. I am the oldest guy here too by at least 10 years. When I come up with stupid simple fixes to their situation they are always amazed, like I was back when I was a young teen working with older seasoned mechanics at teh gas station...it's kinda cool.

Comment

instead of a car wash, the strip clubs down here get donations for kids with they're toys-for-tit$ drive.
                      Toys for Tatas 2011 Before the year closes out, we go on one last charity mission for the underprivileged kids out there. Tech Deck and Boards for Bros hooked it up for our 6am drive through at the local nudie joint. It's an event called Toys for Tatas hosted by radio personality Bubba the Love Sponge and his crew. Thanks for all the radio mentions and a little bit of airtime. I hope those kids are as happy as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

Allen, it's a mix of character. Some folks just observe and don't interact. Like me, with Superman across the street. You maybe don't even bother to meet each other (I'm growing that way, by the way). So when he brought that red Corvette home I was appalled that a guy my age would get a car like that when he already has a house full of kids. So much that I took a sniper photo of the whole bunch out there with the car and posted it here and I got heat from Lohnes about the spy photo being so creepy. And it was.

Well, add some years and interaction and stir vigorously, that guy is cool as hell. We don't have enough in common to be what I'd consider great friends per se, and he's so busy with the family all day every day. I mean REAL busy, you're lucky to get ten minutes with him. But those are good minutes. He built the engine that's in the car, and rebuilt the transmission. That Vette doesn't have an unpolished inch on it.

Ignorance may be bliss, but ignorance sure is ignorance when you boil it down to what it is...and I'm talking about ME.
                        Yeah,I could walk down and talk to the folks furthur down the street,but I like to keep to myself also. I have one neighbor who NEVER ever speaks,but does wave. One guy down the street always waves,but I haven't met him yet. Various neighbors have get-togethers from time to time,but I always seem to have something going on. Sometimes I find something to do.

[
                        Karberator, I have become that guy. No one in the neighborhood spoke to me until I pulled the Plymouth out and started working on it. Now it seems there are four or five new "shade tree" mechanics within ear shot.]
                        Joe,that's cool as long as you're cool with it! I guess the folks around here just farm stuff out since they're so busy or whatever! I didn't know how the folks would react to my old truck when I moved over here. It's not terribly loud,but it does have a pretty good rumble at idle. I figured noise would be the big deal.
                        Last edited by Karberator; April 18, 2014, 10:44 PM.
                        sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

It's fine by me, I was never outside so it is not a surprise no one would talk to me. I guess they just assumed I was a that guy. The one with the old car that never moves and bleeds oil all over the driveway. Now I am outside, they are outside and the majority of the folks on this street are aircraft or vehicle mechanics so its only natural for us to kind of gravitate towards one another when we are working on out junk IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X