Drug Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug Testing

Part of the hiring process is drug testing. The current national credo, a drug-free environment. So we drug test for the illicit stuff. At our site we do a piss test. I tells it all. And it's not slanted - after the hiring thing, we also do random testing. My boss had his name drawn a week before mine was drawn last November. Yes, he pissed, and I did too. I was afraid about the one pain killer pill I took weeks before that after dental surgery. Nasty stuff, lots of syllables in the drug's name, knocked me out unconscious for exactly 24 hours. But no questions asked after I pissed. Long enough to clear out apparently. But I kept the empty pill bottle in the cabinet, after I flushed all the rest of the pills down the commode. Just in case I had to prove I had a prescription for that stuff for a reason.

A few months ago, we had a guy who had a good looking application, pencil-and-paper tested well, interviewed well, and he was a drug test away from hiring. A skilled position, a mechanic. He came in for it and his urine test came up positive for all sorts of things. Big question mark, but that's not the only thing, let's see if the test results were flawed. So the nurse called him back. This time, the Safety Director went into the bathroom with him.

The Safety guy was standing behind him watching, but not so much watching, if you know what I mean. That time the guy piddled with his zipper, fumbled around and kinda rubbed his pockets and messed around, made all sorts of extra motions before producing a sample in the pee cup.

As soon as the Safety Director took the cup from him, there was one obvious thing to him. The sample was cold, not body temperature. That guy didn't get hired. It was one of those buy-it kits, or it was his sister's pregnant pee or whatever. That didn't work.

Heard another story from another mill in the company network, they did it different. They take hair samples. I think it's lots more scientific and lots more expensive but that can track your intake for about 3 or 6 months. They had one guy show up hairless. No eyelashes, not a hair on him, He claimed it was a religious belief to have no hair on his body. Not a one. I mean, he had to have some help, somebody even shaved his ass.

So the nurse clipped one of his fingernails, that's DNA too. Busted.
    Last edited by pdub; April 16, 2014, 05:17 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Drug testing is a waste of time, I look at it more like an IQ test, are you smart enough to pass a drug test. There is synthetic piss out there, that people that do drugs use to pass piss tests, you can also put a couple of grains of chlorine under your fingernail and drop it into the sample and it will come clean even if it is dirty. It is undetectable and you'll pass every time. IMO drug testing is a waste of time and money as you'll never really know if someone is doing drugs or not. Also it is illegal to stand in the same room and watch someone piss unless it is for the Courts or at least that is the way it is in AZ. And then there is the guy that just stops doing drugs long enough to piss and get the job, then goes back to doing drug after he gets it. For me I don't care if people do drugs as long as it is on their own time, if they can do the job and do it proficiently drugs aren't an issue.
    The Green Machine.
    http://s1.postimg.org/40t9i583j/mytruck.jpg

Comment

Dang.....just that quick, I lit another bomb. Hey y'all, watch THIS......

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        The only Bomb lit is you thinking that people that do drugs aren't as good as people that don't do drugs. Realize even the US Air Force gives their pilots Speed so they don't fall asleep, so basically you got some guy all cranked up on speed flying a multimillion dollar fighter jet and your worried about the janitor smoking a joint. People are delusional.
        Last edited by BigAL; April 16, 2014, 05:39 PM.
        The Green Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAL View Post

The only Bomb lit is you thinking that people that do drugs aren't as good as people don't do drugs. Realize even the US Air Force gives their pilots Speed so they don't fall asleep, so basically you got some guy all cranked up on speed flying a multimillion dollar fighter jet and your worried about the janitor smoking a joint. People are delusional.
          NO, I'm only involved with the process that the modern day workplace has established to keep folks from doing all of that, popular or not.

Comment

NO, I'm only involved with the process that the modern day workplace has established to keep folks from doing all of that, popular or not.
            You make it sound like to get a job you need to take a piss test, that is not completely true, many companies don't drug test.
            The Green Machine.

Comment

Some companies give a 30 day notice for a company-wide annual drug test.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

You make it sound like to get a job you need to take a piss test, that is not completely true, many companies don't drug test.
                This'll be my last post here tonight, long day. And I'm probably talking out of turn our out my ass or something, but...

I don't know about all the jobs in the world. Maybe you don't have to drug test to run the parts counter at Autozone, and I'm literally saying that I don't know.

But if you're going to work within inches of giant rollers driven by tens of thousands of horsepower, spinning 50 miles per hour, you DO have to drug test. Just sayin.'

Comment

But I kept the empty pill bottle in the cabinet, after I flushed all the rest of the pills down the commode.
                  Everyone is on drugs, technically speaking...

Comment

Speaking of pissing.. 3 teenagers were busted for pissing in Portland's drinking water...38 million gallons of water flushed because of 3 pissers! Pot generally takes 2 weeks to leave your system, speed and opilates 48 hours..

Comment

not a bomb.
                      Climbing out of nowhere, gaining integrity..drug free is step one for a young person or old.
                      Just last year I went for a physical for Class A driver, just to have it.
                      of course I am drug free, and I have a card to prove it.

feeling good is not bad, and people can trust your non-caramel fluids flowing to a quick decision if need be in the work place.
                      I slowly watched my brother go vegetable..cannot even self sustain today, an act of what he used to be is all that is left...started with marijuana.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 16, 2014, 06:43 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

At Stanley,Black&Decker, no scheduled or randomly tests after hiring. I've been at the same place since 1980 so no test to get hired. But one time I got a steel sliver in my hand and couldn't get it out. It was small but broke off deep in my palm. Had to go to an off site clinic.Made X-ray, an incision, pulled it out, told me to empty my pockets and handed me a cup. I was totally caught off guard.I could have understood if I had been in an accident, but a sliver? Not a problem as I don't or ever done drugs but a little offended. Kind of felt like a criminal.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Drug testing is a waste of time, I look at it more like an IQ test, are you smart enough to pass a drug test. There is synthetic piss out there, that people that do drugs use to pass piss tests, you can also put a couple of grains of chlorine under your fingernail and drop it into the sample and it will come clean even if it is dirty. It is undetectable and you'll pass every time. IMO drug testing is a waste of time and money as you'll never really know if someone is doing drugs or not. Also it is illegal to stand in the same room and watch someone piss unless it is for the Courts or at least that is the way it is in AZ. And then there is the guy that just stops doing drugs long enough to piss and get the job, then goes back to doing drug after he gets it. For me I don't care if people do drugs as long as it is on their own time, if they can do the job and do it proficiently drugs aren't an issue.

Alex's god is the 4:20 god.. he is a slave

Comment

I wish they'd start testing where I work, sick of dealing with jackasses that are so stoned, they can't function

Comment

I don't want any drug users pushing buttons on machines near me!
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X