Drug Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
    I don't want any drug users pushing buttons on machines near me!
    You might have drug users all around you and not know it. I was taking four 10mg vicodins a day, legally, for years... and would have no problems with a drug test because the were prescribed. It's not just opiates or derivatives either.. Xanax, Klonepin, Valium, any number of "fukitols" flow through bloodstreams like they are candy. Every other advertisement on TV is for an antidepressant that may or may not cause suicidal thoughts. Wanna quit smoking? Take Chantix.. one of the guys at work seized so hard he dislocated his shoulder, and died less than a month later.

I'm not real fond of running machinery hungover, and I bet you have some folks around you that are hungover from time to time.

no excuses here, but how exactly do you classify a "Drug User" anymore?

I asked a daily pot smoker how they passed tests one time, they said "Storebought Pee" ... I said "They have a temperature band on the jars" ... "And we have a microwave in the break room"
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

DoD drug tests us randomly and in large batches for the hell of it. There are a couple civillians that run the pee test program but the office is staffed by Air Force voulun-tolds. We call it Weiner Watcher Duty, Or Cock Gazer Duty. When you do it you are required to watch the urni flow from the respective orfice. I've lucked out and not had to perform this duty. I was on Vicodin for a long long time and never got called back BUT I did go the the ER for kidney stones once and they dosed me with all sorts of awesome drugs. I got called back 6 times in two months.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

We used to have an outside lab come and random drug test down at the plant. We peed in a cup,and we had to seal the sample ourseves and initial it. The cup had a strip on the side that measured to see if the sample was body temp. I seldom got called,but I was sweating one time!

The testers usually came on Tuesdays. I woke up one Tuesday morning,and I couldn't move. I was hurting bad down in my back. My wife had to call in because I couldn't say anything but "AAUUUGGGHHH." It got so bad that I took one of my wife's Tramadol pills. In about an hour or two I felt great,and I went on in to work. Then I got to thinking that the testers might show up,and I told my boss what I had done. All he said was that since it wasn't my prescription we might have a problem. They didn't show though.

Now our safety director does a swab,but he never tests anyone that I know of except for one. One guy got hooked on painkillers,and his wife,mom,and mother-in-law intervened and had him put in a program. He has to be tested occasionally,but I think he's doing good.
        sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

We wonder why so many mass shootings and the like.. Could be tied to freely given anti-depressants and other mood modifiers.. Alot of it is chemicals.. I took coedine for years..works! Able to function.. Govmnt said I was addicted, made my dr prescribe something else that doesn't work and makes me woozy, I was never woozy on coedine! Coedine is more natural than alot of stuff given now.. Alot of side effects like Beagle pointed out..

Comment

Oops wrong thread, I thought you were looking for volunteers.

Seriously though if my back doesn't start coming around (been to the chiropractor every other day but only three trips so far after telling myself it will go away for a month) I might be looking for some PDR help PDQ.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Like Dan B. pointed out above, having to test (by whatever means) IS degrading. But at the place where I work, there's random testing (nobody's excluded, at any level) and if anybody has to go offsite to get medical treatment due to a work-related injury. AND if it was an orchestrated event, anybody else who was involved in getting the worker hurt.

And it's a formality 98% of the time to hopefully deter the whole workforce from thinking about using illicit stuff. 98% of the time.

How do I make this story any shorter....the mill in South Carolina. There was paper all over the floor, rolls of paper everywhere, a guy was working on a roll of paper out there on the floor when the operator let a roll bumper down. There was so much paper everywhere, the operator didn't judge where the other worker was, for all the layered paper that was already on the floor.

There was an awful pinch point at the roll bumper, a point that would be guarded somehow these days. The other worker had his foot inside that pinch point and the operator didn't know that because the other fella was working behind that roll of paper, from the operator's vantage point, and there was so much paper you couldn't see the "floor" anyhow.

The operator lowered the roll bumper and crunched the other guys foot in it. Multiple broken bones, and the other guy fell down screaming. Now he's on the floor screaming behind the roll he was working on. The operator instinctively let the roll bumper back up (what any other operator would have done in that situation), that time smashing the guy's hand because it was in another bad place because he was sprawled on the floor where the roll bumper was.

The operator on the control panel tested positive for cocaine. As DB pointed out, cocaine is gone from a piss test in a couple days (but not from the hair test, maybe 3 or 4 months). Everyone was astounded. The operator was one of the best employees, everybody loved him. Great help, great guy, nobody had any suspicion at all that he would test positive for anything other than hard work. And he'd used coke in the past 48 hours, if not that day, no way to measure that in the piss test.
              Last edited by pdub; April 17, 2014, 01:43 PM.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Coedine cocaine and poppyseeds all test positive.. Might have it pinpointed now..

Comment

Darn! thought you wanted some tested!

Just saw a Bad-ass Harley dude drivin by outside just blasting this song! Just thought I'd share...
                  Not really your usual Harley dude fare.

Last edited by LORENSWIFE; April 17, 2014, 01:56 PM.
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Coedine cocaine and poppyseeds all test positive.. Might have it pinpointed now..
                    The dude, in his "You're fired" exit meeting admitted he'd been tooting a whole lot for quite a few years. And nobody had a dadgum far-fetched clue. Still wouldn't know it to this day, except he was on the controls that day. All of the other operators said they would have done what he did in reaction after the first bad thing he did. These days, the first bad thing he did is called not paying attention. Unsafe behavior, these days. And that's right, as hard as that is to do every day and every time.

Comment

At my age, "on drugs" has a whole different meaning. I seriously wonder if I could pass a drug test and nothing I'm on is supposed to be psychoactive. 15 pills a day and only 2 are supplements.

DB mentioned codine. You can have my share - I hate the feeling and it plugs me up TIGHT. No fun. My last surgery I took them for a day and switched to Aleve - not quite as effective but much easier on my body and mind. The doc couldn't believe I was functioning without the stuff.

Dan

Comment

Back in 03 one of my young Airmen pissed hot and was in the process of being Courts Marshalled. He asked me to be a character witness and I agreed simply because he was a good kid who worked hard but made a stupid mistake. During a pre-trial interview the lawyer asked me what he was doing on a certain date he admitted to being high at work (he was on X) . By reviewing the maintenace records from that day I was able to conclude that he was at a table rebuilding filters for various engine parts and had torn down and inspected a propeller pump housing. She stated that he was "just building up filters""its a small job" and that that if he messed up on that day it "would have no major impact on aircraft operation" If you could just write that down we can put you on the stand. That pissed me off, I leaned forward and asked her if she had any idea about jet engine operation, propeller operation or how these filters work, where they go and what purpose they serve. She said no, and I told her that there are no small jobs on a jet engine, there are no small parts and there is no room for error. If one of the filters clogged or was built improperly it could cause catastrophic engine failure, if it is in the prop it could cause overspeeds, it could cause the blades to not do what they are supposed to when they need to. And the pump housing istelf is what creates the hydraulic pressure to allow the prop to operate properly. Any flaw in any of these components puts the crews life in danger and I will not ever state anything to contrary. Needless to say, they didnt use me as a witness. He was sentanced to a year in jail and a dishonerable discharge. I felt no remorse.
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

After my last mouth surgery (two wisdom teeth pulled out with channel locks and then a "suspicious" spot on my gum cut out with stitches), they sent me packing with a prescription for hydrocodone. Yep, opiate derivative. Unit drove me home, I was so numb from the gum shots and still feeling like a Martian and sick to my stomach from the NOS gas, Unit stopped at the drug store to fill the prescription.

No way I'm going to take those pills. But the other stuff wore off a few hours later and it became apparent that the pain from this mouth-killing episode was gonna be too great to live through, so I took a pill and stretched out in the bed. That's the last thing I remember until 24 hours later. That was real weird, the clock looked exactly the same when I woke up as it did when I passed out. So I lost a whole day, and then threw up all of the blood that went down the back of my throat while I was sleeping. Yeah, that was fun.

And to think that people in eastern Tennessee back in the woods are just about killing themselves and others to get that same drug. For fun.

Comment

Son in law is a cop, gave me a roadside sobriety test for shits and giggles as both my kids were telling him even sober I would fail one.. Sure enough, I failed! And I was 100% sober for several weeks before that.. Few weeks later after I took my pain pills, I barely passed.. Being deaf screws up your balance! That could be why many industrial accidents happen.. Guys not used to being "deaf" and the equilibrum lost.. Try it with ear plugs and see f you can "walk the line"...

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                              After my last mouth surgery (two wisdom teeth pulled out with channel locks and then a "suspicious" spot on my gum cut out with stitches), they sent me packing with a prescription for hydrocodone. Yep, opiate derivative. Unit drove me home, I was so numb from the gum shots and still feeling like a Martian and sick to my stomach from the NOS gas, Unit stopped at the drug store to fill the prescription.

No way I'm going to take those pills. But the other stuff wore off a few hours later and it became apparent that the pain from this mouth-killing episode was gonna be too great to live through, so I took a pill and stretched out in the bed. That's the last thing I remember until 24 hours later. That was real weird, the clock looked exactly the same when I woke up as it did when I passed out. So I lost a whole day, and then threw up all of the blood that went down the back of my throat while I was sleeping. Yeah, that was fun.

And to think that people in eastern Tennessee back in the woods are just about killing themselves and others to get that same drug. For fun.

I had a bad wisdom teeth extraction,and I also got my hand broken in the same year. I would take the hand breaking a thousand times over that wisdom tooth extraction. One side went great a few years earlier so I was expecting the opposite again of what many folks experience. Oh no! I can't remember what horse pill the dentist gave me,but they were awesome until they wore off.

The last tooth episode I had was a root canal a few years back. I think I got some hydrocodone then,and maybe some 600 mg Ibuprofren also. The same guy that I referrred to earlier with the pill trouble had tooth troubles as well. I gave him the rest of my hydrocodone because he was hurting so bad. I got kinda worried about it when I found out he was having trouble! I didn't want to be pinned as a "dealer" or anything.
                              sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                              X