No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer or browser from Hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer or browser from Hell?

I don't know what happened when but it must have been during one of it's "automatic updates". All of a sudden every page I went on everywhere I was getting the window on the bottom telling me there was a security problem or known websites such as my email or bank were unsafe. Here on BS it was the worst trying to navigate here. If I tried to log on with the keep me logged on checked, it would show me as logged on in an "unknown location". I couldn't post, I couldn't reply and on the main page about the first top quarter of the page to get to the forum section. It was taking a guess in a white field literally.

I use to have Google Chrome also on my PC but that seemed to disappear during the Internet Explorer update. I tried to download Chrome but it wouldn't let me. Finally I was able to down Chrome and now things seem to be back to normal. So far over the last two days I haven't had any problems getting on BS!
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

the web site seems to work best with Chrome of Fire Fox...it doesnt seem to like IE, especially older versions.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
      I don't know what happened when but it must have been during one of it's "automatic updates". All of a sudden every page I went on everywhere I was getting the window on the bottom telling me there was a security problem or known websites such as my email or bank were unsafe. !
      sounds like malware, you got a virus somehow. try downloading and running a good antimalware program like malwarebytes

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

sounds like malware, you got a virus somehow. try downloading and running a good antimalware program like malwarebytes

I have anti virus with Verizon and I'm running Mc Afee on my PC it it shows no problems. I'm not getting any problems with the Mc Afee just IE.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Did you google the symptoms? Type in the exact message into google, see what you find. Or maybe post a screen shot of it, so we can see.
          Last edited by squirrel; April 18, 2014, 08:13 AM.
          My fabulous web page

Comment

and add BHO to the query - browser help object. Sounds like you has one. Firefox is another good alternative to IE.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I figured that someone who knows what he's talking about would chime in, thanks
              My fabulous web page

Comment

Chrome works better than anything for me. I have tried to install the Windows 7 SP,and IE 11 too. It won't let me do either. IE 10 worked great until a few weeks ago,and it's been wonky ever since.
                sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

I never thought about malware since my anti virus didn't indicate anything. I tried to make a screen shot,I've seen it done a lot in the past but never knew how to do it. I tried the usual copy and select all and a few other things but didn't get what I wanted. OK so how do I do it?
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

PRTSCRN should put the whole screen into the clipboard, Alt + prtscrn will get just the active window. Paste into paint brush or whatever.

A malicious BHO won't let you disable it, but here's the information on how to turn off the innocent ones. You may have one listed there that doesn't make sense.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Beags, I never noticed that key before. Anyway,not having too much luck. I tried the prtsc and with alt or shift and nothing. Keep in mind I'm not the greatest on the PC. I did click on to the link and had a good laugh when I right clicked to bookmark it and one of the options was "translate to english" hahaha, I guess I should have clicked on it LOL.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Push "PRINT SCREEN" , then open Paint, and click "Paste", and it should give you the screen shot.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Getting there. I managed to get it on paint but I couldn't get it to paste. I'll try later on, we just have so much going on this weekend. We are hosting a 16 yo French student who went into NYC on a class trip. He spent the night there at his sister's apartment who's going to college there. I'll be going over later to pick him up. Three blocks from where my mother in law use to live.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I think I just fixed the problem! The clock on my PC was off. It was set to 10-20-14. I don't know when it happened and I guess I never paid attention to it but now IE seems to work fine. I started to get a similar notice on Chrome while doing a search. Except on Chrome it said my clock was off, IE said nothing about the clock being off.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Doesnt crash my kindle anymore ...this update ....sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X