roadkill corvette ep. 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roadkill corvette ep. 27

no one has mentioned the new epsiode as of yet...unless I am lagged.

I know they are on the high road for entertainment... but it seems they forgot 20 years of the tortured low hp, high torque value. I taught myself eveyrthing living those years to today.

a v8 is a v8.. the torque went farmer the way of a hay hauler for a time that is all. In fact, those 1970s-80s is the original intention for v8. Good lessons to learn.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 18, 2014, 04:09 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

C- not there best effort.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

funny, they preach don't hate on another's ride - then twice destroy Corvettes. (_!_) to you Frieburger.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

As cool as it would have been to watch them launch that Vette into the sink-hole, next time they'll take the Eagle off before they ask.

Comment

you know i thought they where joking about the L48 having only 165hp as i always thought the 1980 305 cali 'vettes had that honor

nope the cali 305 'vettes made 180hp 15 more then the '75 L48.... that's sort of depressing
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
            you know i thought they where joking about the L48 having only 165hp as i always thought the 1980 305 cali 'vettes had that honor

nope the cali 305 'vettes made 180hp 15 more then the '75 L48.... that's sort of depressing
            the engine is the easiest thing to change; and the 75, as much as they hate on it, is legal to do anything you want to it in California.

Personally, I'd rather he throw his mocrap cars in the hole - they make much better fill material.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Personally, I'd rather he throw his mocrap cars in the hole - they make much better fill material.
              Them there's fightin' words lawyer man!

but otherwise, if they are destroying cars for no good reason then I wont watch this one...I've got better things to be pissed off about.
              Last edited by JOES66FURY; April 19, 2014, 09:16 AM.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

they're a symptom of the disease - that if you choose one car; it must be better than anything else. That's bs. If they want to be jackass (which is so 2001), that's fine - but, while occasionally I find them quite entertaining, if I must refrain from watching them... I will. Collector cars are just idolized tin and tires - and really, I'm not going to bow to cars or listen to people who do.

Comment

Notice they never visit Frieburgers family? Did they disown him? ;)
                  Powertour off/on since 2002
                  sigpic

Comment

Anybody know where the Forest Lane reunion is

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                      Notice they never visit Frieburgers family? Did they disown him? ;)
                      DF's parents live somewhere near him in SoCal, not like Finnegan's who live 2000 miles from him.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

the engine is the easiest thing to change; and the 75, as much as they hate on it, is legal to do anything you want to it in California.

The '70's era of Vettes are gaining in popularity thanks to out of reach prices on older ones. They also represent a good sized segment for crate engine companies because of their lousy original engines. Also, this era of Vettes do not need the numbers matching engine to get maximum resale value.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

i do hope when my grandpa sells his 79 he bought in 78 i will be able to get it or it at least stays in the family. mostly because of the memories not because it's a good car or quick (far from it i think my S15 jimmy is quicker in a straight line)

it at least has the 225HP L82 though but an auto it was the only way my grandma would let him get it was if she could drive it.
                          Last edited by Mater; April 20, 2014, 02:11 PM.
                          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

The '70's era of Vettes are gaining in popularity thanks to out of reach prices on older ones. They also represent a good sized segment for crate engine companies because of their lousy original engines. Also, this era of Vettes do not need the numbers matching engine to get maximum resale value.

if anything a engine swap and mods add to the value significantly...
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Relax guys,.they didn't kill it. They gave it to Holley. Why would you give it to some big corporation . Why not sell it cheep to a fan of the show like the death trap jeep?
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                              X