Poll: Tub it or toss it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Tub it or toss it?

OK, junkies/junkyardigans/shiftheads/whateverwe'regonnacallourselves......LOL

The back-half of my Camaro is toast.

I've got a couple of threads going, but I need to make up my mind...and I figured why not get everyone's .002?

I'm right in the middle.....I get disgusted thinking of what's happened with it and some of the limitations of the car's design(not to mention not having a garage to do the cutting/welding required, plus kinda limited on funding at the time), but I hate to let it go at the same time...the wheeltubs ARE cheap, as are the framerails.

Anyhow...here's the deal:

1) toss it...Time for something cool to stuff that engine/trans into...something without T-tops.

2) tub it....big steamrollers RULE!

I'd add the fancy-schmancy poll option at the top, but darned if I can find it...LOL

Re: Poll: Tub it or toss it?

Tub it.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Davis
      Tub it.
      x2
      what you got to lose..
      you already own it..

Comment

Look here for my vote:

PS need to weld on a new top (Sans holes) while doing the back

The poll link is on the top next to start a new thread
        Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Tub it, and the Floor kit is fairly priced for it to boot. As long as the rest of the Car body is good.
          Or you could part it out, sell the parts and start a new project.

Comment

Unless you want to make it a weekend only cruiser, don't tub it . Been there , done that. It's cool for a while. Then it gets old. And It's only cool if you got the motor for the meats. Nothing worse than a bad ass looking 14 second tubbed car.
            My ElCamino, a 11:1 compression, solid roller .060 over 350 with 4.88's and a 3500 stall, 4 link with lousy 60 ft times.

Sure fine tuning would have helped. How much better? Not a lot I would expect.

Comment

I hope you're not expecting many people to vote for you to throw the car away... we're enablers!

Comment

I never had the money to daily drive the nova - race gas was 3.99 a gallon back then
                that is why they invented cavaliers

Comment

LOL

I have been thinking over some things....what Indy says does ring true.

Still, let the vote continue... ;D

Comment

I am going to break from the trend....Toss it. For the money spent on the tub you could get a pretty decent roller. Unless you are emotionally attached to it. Then Tub it.

I say start with a roller.

Seth
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I say hasta la vista baby.

You're little mighty mouse is a good mill, but if you are going to put the steam roller tires back there, you best have the snot to back it up.

Start looking on craigslist (in places outside Indy) and find some neat really cheap junk that we can look at for you. Lord knows, we'll be able to get it back to your place. We've proved that already.

My .02!

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        I say hasta la vista baby.

You're little mighty mouse is a good mill, but if you are going to put the steam roller tires back there, you best have the snot to back it up.

Start looking on craigslist (in places outside Indy) and find some neat really cheap junk that we can look at for you. Lord knows, we'll be able to get it back to your place. We've proved that already.

My .02!

Brian
                        Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                        I am going to break from the trend....Toss it. For the money spent on the tub you could get a pretty decent roller. Unless you are emotionally attached to it. Then Tub it.

I say start with a roller.

Seth
                        Yeah, what they said ^^

Comment

I'd say toss it. I've never seen the car in person, but by listening to you describe it, it sounds like it would be money well spent to find a solid roller. But on the other hand I can totally relate to being attached to your car, so I say tub it. That was no help at all! Sorry!

Comment

Get rid of it. I love the idea of tubbing it, but it will just be a huge hassle without your own facility for doing that sort of work. Keep the mill and find yourself a good roller in a body style you always liked. Just make it easy on yourself. Nothing worse than being trapped in a project in over your head with no end in sight.
                            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Working...
                            X