Shoebox in the earth on Earth Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoebox in the earth on Earth Day?

So as I dig out from a few days away from the desk, a new situation presents itself. Several parcels of land are to be auctioned, and we (the business) are invited to bid on them. That is the short version anyways. Mildly-to-barely interesting you say? NCRC you say? Perhaps video of the backhoe tearing down the dump houses would be mildly entertaining, but seriously? What if one of the properties had a '57 Chevy sitting on it for the last 25years that I can vouch for? What if the chances are fairly good it could find its way to the Barn-of-standstill projects? What if it were a more-door? And pink? And probably as rusty as Nomad?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

I assume this is a rhetorical question....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

only if it were a wagon would it be metaphysically interesting.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I don't know what metaphorically rhetorically NCRC is.. but if you get a 57 sedan that would be great.

edit: metaphysically. I don't know what metaphysically is. I have no metaphors for this.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 22, 2014, 10:08 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

ignore the date, stupid camera was antagonistic this morning.

Comment

Looks like a 4 door HT to me. They're pretty cool and, I think, relatively rare. I say "Buy that land!". Dad was a realtor and he used to say "They ain't makin' any more of it".

Dan

Comment

That place looks like a postcard. I wouldn't buy the land just for the car, but if the land is worth it to you AND you get the car, it's a huge score. I dig it.
              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

The land is pretty much a sure thing. My farmer employers aren't really automotive gearheads, they see cars as appliances and tractors as toys, but that leaves me an opportunity.

Hehehe....postcard.....yeah it kinda does at that. If I panned out and you saw the house you'd be wondering where the still and the shotguns were though!

Comment

This is a slowly progressing dealio. Land has been acquired, car seems to be a Hardtop Bel-Air with the V8. Interior is actually not all nasty.....I was imagining rustcicles and dead animals and a ruined dash/seats/trim.

Comment

Battery, gas, check oil, fire it up and drive it out!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                      ignore the date, stupid camera was antagonistic this morning.

I added some faux vintage vibe...

Comment

Working...
                      X