Cars Around Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cars Around Town

Local guy brings this out occasionally in the summer. I'll have to try to get a picture from the rear, its much better... ;)

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

'73? '74?
      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Wouldn't it be earlier than that, due to the Chrome rear bumper? I'm not very up on Corvette specifics, but I figure if the General went to big ugly bumpers on everything else in '73 then why not the 'vette too?

Comment

I think '73 was the weird hybrid year where they had the chrome rear bumpers & the plastic front ones. Could be wrong though...
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
            I think '73 was the weird hybrid year where they had the chrome rear bumpers & the plastic front ones. Could be wrong though...
            Yup, it's a '73. Last year for the chrome rear bumper, first year for the plastic front bumper.
            Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Early spring, a block from my place. Amazing what comes out of the woodwork around here when the snow melts!

Thankfully there's still a few that don't take this hobby so seriously!

Yeah, it's a Cavalier, but when's the last time you've seen one!

Comment

Ooooo...... and its even a RS version by the looks of it!

(a buddy back in high school in the late '80's had one of those, we always joked about it really standing for "Red-Stripe"....)

:D

Comment

Funny You should post that cavalier
                  I just found a car with those exact lines the other daym didn't get a good look at it, I was in a hurry, I will have to take a closer look now
                  Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
                      Funny You should post that cavalier
                      I just found a car with those exact lines the other daym didn't get a good look at it, I was in a hurry, I will have to take a closer look now
                      Looking back, it's amazing how many mutations the Cavaliers went through back in the 80's/90's. A guy I used to work with is currently building a Z/24 station wagon, just to see if anyone notices anything wrong with it ;)

Comment

It was annoying as hell to be in high school in the late 1990's and have people thinking that the Z24s were fast cars.

My friend Ryan had a 402 powered 1971 Monte Carlo (not original motor) that was awesome and the kids thought it must have been slow because it was old.

He later spun that car into a used car lot at 45 mph. The Monte wiped out half the inventory on the lot!

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

We had one of those.A 96 Cavalier Z24 .my wife bought it new and drove it to work everyday.It was a really good car and kinda fast for its commuter car status .I beat a few Hondas with it on the way to Wildwood one summer.

Comment

Thought I'd share a few I go by on a regular basis

I think this is his parts car. He's got another one just like it in the garage, but it's in much better condition.

Just a clean old Caddy, but I love the land yachts!

Too bad this is so rotted...

Didn't want to get to much closer, there was a very unhappy dog there.

If I only had the money...

I love this little truck!
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              It was annoying as hell to be in high school in the late 1990's and have people thinking that the Z24s were fast cars.

My friend Ryan had a 402 powered 1971 Monte Carlo (not original motor) that was awesome and the kids thought it must have been slow because it was old.

He later spun that car into a used car lot at 45 mph. The Monte wiped out half the inventory on the lot!

Brian
                              thats what the kids at school think about my car. when i tell them its an 88 they always say "isnt it slow because its so old?" >

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X