No announcement yet.

My dad's new ride(Ford Falcon Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad's new ride(Ford Falcon Content)

My dad just took delivery of this baby this morning, 1962 Ford Falcon. Pretty neat little car, previous owner spent a TON of money restoring it, not usually a car you would restore and keep original, but hey its their money. This thing is crying for a little 289 or 302, BUT they just rebuilt the six cylinder and it runs like a top. Decisions, decisions!

2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Nice car. When does the big V8 go in?

Comment

I'd detail that 6 and drive it. That top radiator hose looks like it has a bubble in it....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
        I'd detail that 6 and drive it. That top radiator hose looks like it has a bubble in it....
        yes, me too.
        the six went crazy reputation a decade after this one.

the one in this falcon is literally engineered correctly as part of the whole build.

At most, for modern cruising, mimick a modern air box off to the fender, get that oxide eater off the top of the carb.

nice car.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Nice -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Yeah I'm sure the six will stay, unless a deal on a nice complete 289 fell into our lap or something. Once my dad stops driving it here in a few days I'm gonna detail the engine bay, should make it look alot better.
            2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

170 or so 6 banger, 3 on the tree... Probably does not get out of it's own way.... Dad had a 61 Ranchero.. 4 bales of hay and the bumper was awfully close to the ground! Got good gas mileage but boy was it sloooow! .. Put a small turbo on it!

Comment

Clifford research...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Let me know if he's missing any parts - sure doesn't look like it - but I may have some spares. Neat car - as long as you don't plan on winning any acceleration contests - enjoy it as is.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    Clifford research...
                    I see what you did there, and my wallet hates you for it

Comment

Inliners international sometimes can help with their classifieds when looking for used speed parts...I'm not trying to push you over the edge, just letting that little demon get some exercise!
                      Last edited by silver_bullet; May 13, 2014, 07:11 AM.
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        Inliners international sometimes can help with their classifieds when looking for used speed parts...I'm not trying to push you over the edge, just letting that little demon get some exercise!
                        And does it need exercise! ... I didn't say before, but I DO LIKE this Falcon.. Simple! Clean! .. I really don't know what it needs.. But a bit of power would be nice.. When the newness wears off, you'll figure it out and pump that iron up!

Comment

Gotta love the Falcons..... go to classic inlines for inline ford six speed parts and for info fordsix.com forum. Also Falcon owners group facebook page with over 1,500 members. I kept the six but this one will get out of it's own way.
                          It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Originally posted by 64falconsix View Post
                            Gotta love the Falcons..... go to classic inlines for inline ford six speed parts and for info fordsix.com forum. Also Falcon owners group facebook page with over 1,500 members. I kept the six but this one will get out of it's own way.
                            Nice!!! I actually watched your you tube video before we bought the car when I was searching for how fast I could make a six

Comment

Sweetness! Don't worry about the 6. Weren't planning on setting any speed records, anyway. Keep smiling while passing all those gas stations.
                              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                              X