No announcement yet.

The Thing About Road Courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why you need a roll cage.....and a supercharger.......I get your point.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
      That's why you need a roll cage.....and a supercharger.......I get your point.
      You guys are no help at all. A roll cage in a stock Fusion. Now I AM confused.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Not really on the subject, but what I try to do at Lemons is let a guy through that I know is quicker than me and try and keep up with him, its how I learn a track if I have not run there before. One of my other drivers once was discouraged about being 5-6 seconds a lap slower, my advice was to start at turn one and try and go in a bit hotter and get out a bit quicker, take the rest of the track as you have been... Once you feel you are close to your limit on turn one, start going quicker through turn 2 etc etc... A tenth quicker (which is not a whole lot in the terms of an amateur driver) and a tenth quicker out on a 10 turn track and you are suddenly 2 seconds quicker... He found that 5-6 seconds by the weekends end... BUT... There are not too many quick street cars out there that can be absolutely pushed beyond its limits... As someone noted earlier, the car is usually limited by the driver... If you are having brake problems and the car is pretty much stock, then you definetly need to upgrade the brakes, or get a ton of weight out of it, or both! Oh and any car that will go 100mph+ on a road course needs a rollcage (or at least 4 point rollbar), If you want to go faster at the track, the safety gear needs to match it.
        Last edited by zombie289; May 28, 2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Someone around here is a bad influence on my son...

Comment

Working...
          X