No announcement yet.

Am I fair calling BS on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"~~gently female driven," did the roads become flat as glass for her, or are they the same pot hole mess everyone else deals with...

Comment

It's kind of weird. Dad's car WAS gently driven on decent roads, and the struts are all wiped out. My Escape, on the other hand, has had the loving shit kicked out of it on and off road since day one, has 3 times as many miles, and the struts are fine. The electric steering is another story, but the struts are fine.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

When it comes to leaks, is there a puddle of oil in your driveway? If not, there isn't a leak significant enough to worry about.

If someone tells me I need a $1000 repair to fix a leak I would insist on seeing such leak. If they give me some BS about not being able to go into the shop. I wouldn't let them check the oil.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          When it comes to leaks, is there a puddle of oil in your driveway? If not, there isn't a leak significant enough to worry about.

If someone tells me I need a $1000 repair to fix a leak I would insist on seeing such leak. If they give me some BS about not being able to go into the shop. I wouldn't let them check the oil.

^^^BINGO
          Last edited by 68scott385; May 23, 2014, 08:37 PM.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

I'd think the 950.00 repair bill was the oil leak(gasket/oil/filter) a pair of struts, strut bearing plates if they didn't install the loaded struts.. and an alinment. sadly 900.oo doesn't go far at a autorepair shop anymore..

Comment

Working...
            X