Reaction Time for a Joke Somebody Tells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaction Time for a Joke Somebody Tells

It's been my observation over time. And it has to be a live setting...If somebody does or says anything really funny, somebody laughs a lot sooner than somebody or everybody else does. So, they "got" it quick, the thought processor for everybody works different.

A guy I worked with in South Carolina, he had an abstract sense of humor. He thought it was funny to tell an un-funny joke on somebody. At a social gathering, I do not at all endorse this...the victim went to the bathroom and the prankster described what was about to happen.....he would tell an un-funny joke and everybody into the prank would "fake" laughing hysterically .....it was cruel, and somebody (the victim) he wanted to play a joke on would be SO lost. And he queued us into what the un-funny punch line would be, and of course, we were all drinking and we agreed to play. When I say "this," everybody laugh.

Well, it worked. The victim came back into the scene and our guy (I hate I participated in this) started the joke. It was about folks going to a restaurant. It was too long of a joke. It went on and on, everybody ordered the roasted duck. And in the joke, the last person ordered roast beef. So the waiter asked, "Why don't you want the duck?" The secret punch line was, "Because I have a hole in my shoe."

So we all started laughing hysterically and we were soon laughing hysterically for sure at the victim who didn't understand the joke at all.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Are you drinking now? And feeling guilty or just want to discuss your feelings?

Enquiring minds want to know!
    Last edited by 68scott385; May 29, 2014, 06:32 PM.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
      Are you drinking now? And feeling guilty or just want to discuss your feelings?

Enquiring minds want to know!
      Yes Scott.

No.

No.

Comment

He who laughs last, thinks slowest......

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          He who laughs last, thinks slowest......
          I don't get it. Someone fill me in.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Sometimes the last person to get the joke is the only one who actually got it.

I mean, not always...sometimes, like with my jokes...or at least...but, you-know... I'm trying, Barry, I'm trying...

Comment

there was alcohol, everything else flows from that desire not to think
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                there was alcohol, everything else flows from that desire not to think
                au contrare:

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they get up in the morning, it's as good as they'll feel all day." ( W.C. Fields)

Comment

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they get up in the morning, it's as good as they'll feel all day." - WC Fields
                  Mr. Fields was wrong (he was a drunk, after all).

Usually I don't feel my best until about 2PM in the afternoon - that's probably why I worked 2nd shift for so many years.
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Mr. Fields was wrong (he was a drunk, after all).
                    Mister Stude, nobody in the world is going to believe this, but as I was typing this response, lightning hit REAL close to our house, took out the whole neighborhood's power for a while. A popup summer thunderstorm. Power company boom trucks racing up and down the street, they got it fixed in a little while.

I was typing and about to say, I may disagree with you Mister Stude. As with all things in life, there are at least two sides to every story. Most of the time there are three sides to any story.

There's your side, and my side, and then the truth. Just sayin.' And neither of the two of us can see the third side.

I learned that in brain training school but I can't figure out how it applies to anything that we actually do.

Comment

Huh?? I don't get it.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The truth can be more disturbing than one cares to imagine. Sometimes it's better that way.

Comment

I learned that in brain training school but I can't figure out how it applies to anything that we actually do.
                          You frequently mention brain training school..... either you didn't study well, or the training is bunk.
                          I don't think it matters which way it turns out, though - the result is that you are often befuddled, but you tell us so.
                          So that's OK.
                          Last edited by studemax; May 30, 2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

You frequently mention brain training school..... either you didn't study well, or the training is bunk.
                            I don't think it matters which way it turns out, though - the result is that you are often befuddled, but you tell us so.
                            So that's OK.
                            Enjoy your two power bar sticks.....Loren's got more!

Comment

Enjoy your two power bar sticks.....Loren's got more!
                              YUM! Chewy.

Comment

Working...
                              X