Another casualty of the economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another casualty of the economy

Every year I go to the Seattle Roadster show with a carload of friends and new-to-the-hobby kids. Apparently (this is actually late news) the show went bankrupt and will not be held.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Another casualty of the economy

Sounds like a casualty of bad management. How in the hell do you bankrupt a freaking car show?

That sucks!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Sounds like a casualty of bad management. How in the hell do you bankrupt a freaking car show?
      Greed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

That sucks!

Brian
        Local ,shows are put on.. (booked)
        use'n member dues..
        to pay for the police/band/flyers// prizes/etc
        and after the swap meet spots sell, car entery fees/ etc are collected.. it goes back into the club account..
        but the club, must pay this stuff, before the money from the show come in..

if the members are out of work..
        car club dues it's on the "must pay" list
        so with no dues coming in..
        no way to prepay for the event "surplys"
        the show, doesn't happen

Comment

There is another big show on the ropes right now. When I have more details I'll post it . I should know more either way after this coming weekend.

Comment

Either way, it's a cryin' shame. Hope most can survive until the economy picks up.

Dan

Comment

didn't the grand national roadster show go under after tognotti killed himself ?

Comment

Originally posted by MentalMuffinMan
                Local ,shows are put on.. (booked)
                use'n member dues..
                to pay for the police/band/flyers// prizes/etc
                That's not how we do it...but we've been fortunate to get sponsor money already for this year's Fall show. Only about half what we need, but enough to put on the show. A lot of the shirts/awards/whatnot are paid for with preregistrations
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Super Chevy in Indy sucked last year. It may be done after this year.

Comment

I wonder what it would take to get a decent car show going... I liked the Seattle Roadster show because they brought lots of pretty well-known cars and some creative new stuff every year... to me it was like the kick off of Spring because it'd light the fire under me to get my junk show worthy before the season openers which happen late April/early May.....

I know the the S.Cal guys there's tons of shows going on at any time during the year - but up here; there's the Roadster show and the Good Guys show in July.... and that's it for national shows... so the loss is 50%
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                    X