Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Automotive Dilemma. or--- JOES66FURY Wants a New Car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Automotive Dilemma. or--- JOES66FURY Wants a New Car.

So, here I am with a real dilemma on my hands. On one hand I have always wanted a Harley (Harley haters button your lip for now) and on the other hand I have always wanted a really nice clean cruiser. Specifically a 1968 to 1972 Pontiac Grand Prix. The GP is the #2 on Joes list of cars he would kick a puppy for BUT as it turns out I may not have to soil my shoes or injure any little fuzzy canines.

I have been halfheartedly looking at bikes with the thought that I could pull a bit of money from my 401K to buy one. However, A car has popped up on the old CL that I may be willing to kill for.

I talked with the wife and she is okay with the idea that I buy the car. I sold her when I said I would turn the Fury and use the money to buy my son a truck.

So here is the object of my deepest and oldest desires.

I will not pay the asking price for this car. I have a number in mind and if the owner wont budge I will walk away.

So...enablers....here is your chance to enable...and nay-sayers..your opportunity to try to talk me out of it is at hand....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

DO IT!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

So, Randal...what I am hearing you say is..."this is a good idea Joe, it will not cause any financial hardship and will turn out to be everything you've ever dreamed of" LOL....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Yes.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Also, if anyone here has any knowledge of these cars and the engine and transmission therein please enlighten me. I am going to go over this car with a fine toothed comb and I want to be armed with as much info as possible.

Comment

Let me know if you want me to come take a look at it with you.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              Let me know if you want me to come take a look at it with you.

Jim that would be awesome! I'll let you know what the owner says.

Comment

Makes the gold one look like a good deal
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

agreed...that thing needs way to much to get to where I want to be.

Comment

The van parked beside the car is a good sign Joe, peace love & happiness. Don't for get your tie-dye t-shirt.

Comment

if you can afford it,, and you always wanted it.. and it's not got major issues.. pull the trigger... but remember your love for it was from something years ago.. drive it a good while,, even if you have to dump a 1/2 tank of fuel in it.. to make sure, you truly like them.. and it's not a built up memory.. I say this.. only because I when we got married, I bought the wife,the truck she wanted because she loved her dad's, a month with it.. and she hated it.. her "perceived" memory of the truck, and the reality once she had it.. wasn't the same.. needless to say,, I was not happy.. but she dam made sure she loved the next vehicle she wanted before it followed us home..

Comment

Good points Mark. I plan on really looking over the car and evaluating it. And I have no doubt Jim will be the voice of reason. I dont want to be stuck with a car that I like visually but do not enjoy driving.

Comment

Looks very nice. Take Jim and a magnet (one of those weak fridge ones) with you. Unfortunately, I don't have anything specific on Pontiac's but obviously the actual condition of the sheet metal is critical (especially at that price). Oops - my rust belt background is showing.
                          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                          79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                            The GP is the #2 on Joes list ...
                            What was number one, and would it be worth waiting for?

Comment

Joe needs to step away from the large steel boats and step into something disco and plastic.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X