No announcement yet.

Cool Rat Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys remember this episode of Roadkill?

I'll bet 10k they'd have paid the guy to take it after driving down that dirt road that leads to the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
      .he welds like an artist.
      ...from the Duchamp school....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Lots of home grown creativity and craftsmanship there. I'm guessing the wheels and tires were all he could get a hold of since they really don't seem to fit. Factory steel wheels in black would have been more appropriate, but I'm fairly confident this guy couldn't care less about what any of us think - it's his ride built his way and I respect that.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

How did the Fish-mouth/Lakes Pipes get blued/discolored? From the last engine they were on?

I really really respect the effort this took. There are a couple of things I really like on it.

That said.........Gack!
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I like it because it just looks a paint job away from being completed . Other than the death trap trans tunnel .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It's already painted. It's complete. That's the look. It's not supposed to be pretty.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

What I'm trying to say, short of a good paint job, I think it is pretty.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Yea - I was going to mention the bird poop welds.... they're supposed to be sunk in, not stuck on top.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well I agree with the majority it's probaly not what I would pick to drive any distance, 38P WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

...from the Duchamp school....

LOL Like that certain Dadaist, Rat Rodders do sort of like creating "art" with random bits of plumbing . . . .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/a...evolution.html
                      Last edited by 38P; July 8, 2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GFogg View Post
                        Well I agree with the majority it's probaly not what I would pick to drive any distance, 38P WTF?
                        Sorry . . . Let me give it another shot

Typical rat rod . . . Cheap-looking, pseudo-artistically assembled, sketchy collection of mostly impractical junk . . . in rejection of car-building orthodoxy .

Nah, that's probably not any clearer . . . .

Still a nice choice of mill, though.

Comment

Uh OK

Comment

kind got that Mad-Max post Apocalypse Steam Punk thing going on...not for me. I wonder about the quality of those welds...I view it like this...There are different art forms, building something like that is an art form IMO, the artist is taking his vision and creating it in his particular medium. Not everyone is going to like it...eye of the beholder and what not.
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Notice his back tires are Goodyear Nascar mock up tires? Goodyear grooves used tires for teams to use for mock ups, building, and transporting cars.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm not going to defend it, nor bash it. I thought it was something that "we" would appreciate a thread on, and snapped some pics for the purpose of a thread on BangShift.

I should have shot video of him coming and going. It isn't loud, but it did purr nice and smoothly... and smelled like a forklift :D

He said the engine came out of a tank - and that the tanks used 2 of those engines...I forget which kind of tank...

Comment

Working...
                                X