Dish TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dish TV

OK, who has it? Right now I have Direct TV. I'm very pleased with it other then them swapping The Weather Channel for some lame substitute. The problem is phone and internet. I only can get DSL, no cable. The cable stops in my neighbors yard, he has 15 acres and I 3 acres, so the cable company wants a princely sum to run it to my house. If I bundle the three, I'll save quite a bit of money. So how is Dish TV and their DVR and service?
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

I have the hopper from dish. I can record over 250hrs of HD 3-6 shows at a time(4 have to be your local ABC, NBC, CBS, and fox) dvr is shared with every TV in house up to 6 TVs. Pricing is comparable with DTV but possibly cheaper. I can get you a referral code to take $50 off your first bill

Comment

I don't do change welll . I have a son that works for dish and he couldn't get me to change for a year. I was concerned about pivelation during storms but ultimately the cable people get there signals from a satellite . What really got me was the availability of the Velocity channel . Then wow. A DVR I cannot fill up. And wow so easy to record with. Well service.....I haven't had any problems in 6 months and when I do, well my son would probability fix it but with the hrs he puts in and holidays he works, they are big on keeping you hooked up. Love it.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Sounds good. I was concerned about customer service. The only thing I was disappointed at was their web site with packing. They really didn't list channel line up. I had to look at a brochure for that. VortecRS I j ust might take you up on that!
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
          Sounds good. I was concerned about customer service. The only thing I was disappointed at was their web site with packing. They really didn't list channel line up. I had to look at a brochure for that. VortecRS I j ust might take you up on that!
          The tree is a keeper! I don't know about the buyer....
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
            The tree is a keeper! I don't know about the buyer....
            Got a regenade maple that makes driving in my garage impossible, almost.. Don't use the garage for parking cars, just bikes, and tools.. As for shade...GOLD!

Comment

I've had Dish since 2006 and over all happy with the television portion. I have the standard HD DVR unit and I can watch one thing while it records another, or it records two things at once, but you have to be watching one of them or have it turned off. The Hopper is the upgraded version that records a bunch more and can hook several TV's too. I just have the standard America 120 package with HD and Blockbuster@home add-on's.

Their satellite internet on the other hand blows compared to conventional DSL, Cable, wired, etc service. It has a monthly data cap on top of being comparatively slow. It was the only internet option where I live when I moved to this house a year and a half ago. I regularly exceed my data limit and I don't watch Netflix or such. The good news is when you do exceed the data limit, they just further cut down the speed and truncate streaming. So forums and facebook generally still work okay, but zero chance of a Youtube video or streaming music, etc. Cable internet is supposed to be available here in a month or so and my internet contract ends November, so I plan on bailing on Dish's internet. I'll be pricing the Cable companies equivalent DVR packages as well as it's around $90 after all the nickel and diming for just the TV portion.

On the customer service side, my observation has been they take it fairly seriously. At least when you report them to the BBB They charged me for an installation that was supposed to be free during a promotion I took advantage of and three months in a row the charge showed up, I called, they promised me it was removed, then it would show up again. So I filed a complaint and some district or such representative called me the next day, got the charge removed and gave me 3 months free so you can say I eventually was quite satisfied.
              Last edited by TheSilverBuick; July 11, 2014, 08:59 PM.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

We had it. It was OK. We changed to Suddenlink, but the cable comes to our house so no problem there. We changed because it was cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                X