Stolen Cuda is found after 13 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Cuda is found after 13 years!

This is a local guy I know through a friend. His '70 440 six pack Cuda was stolen from his garage back in 2001, and a few months ago he was contacted by a towing and storage company telling him it would be sold for back storage fees! Rick and his wife were elated to hear the car was in storage, but when they contacted the company, they said the person storing it had paid the fees and taken the car! Due to legal issues, the car couldn't be returned to Rick, nor could the police do anything due to statute of limitation laws that prevented them from getting involved.
    Here's a link to the KATU news that broke the story:

This morning the local police and authorities served a search warrant at the dirt bag's wealthy home and seized the '70 Cuda! The car was running when taken from storage a few months ago, but was incomplete when police seized it this morning. Hopefully they'll pressure this dirt bag Len Sitton to give up the location of parts he took off the car between then and today! Police had Rick submit a new report and that resulted in them serving the new search warrant.

A head shaker for sure! .....

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      A head shaker for sure! .....
      The jerk who was hiding it has stripped it to it's bare shell. He gave police a completely different motor, and trans, and not the one that was original. Even it's in pieces. Hopefully the threat of jail will make him fork the pieces over, but his attitude is if he can't keep it, nobody can.

Comment

When I first read this a week or more ago, I told my wife "that car s getting stripped".... I hate being right ...

Comment

thieving gets complex..

I lost to duress of unable to move a parking spot, more than once.

This case was just outright stealing.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

What is the diffrence here..?.http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/01/g...ars-ago-video/

Comment

And heres another example..lost for 39 years,and the old owner got it back.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ1rw667R2M

Comment

this Sitton guy is a total scum bag, Ive been reading the story on another forum, guy deserves to be drug under the bus for 20 miles.

spiteful limp d**k pansy a** d*** fondling pile of trash

from what ive been reading, its a mess.

I hope the victim sues until there is no tomorrow
                Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

this Sitton guy is a total scum bag, Ive been reading the story on another forum, guy deserves to be drug under the bus for 20 miles.

spiteful limp d**k pansy a** d*** fondling pile of trash

from what ive been reading, its a mess.

I hope the victim sues until there is no tomorrow

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

be a crying shame if that bastard's house burned to the ground today.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      be a crying shame if that bastard's house burned to the ground today.
                      Karma. lets hope it takes a hold of this piece of $hit and kicks his a$$.
                      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Here's what the Cuda looked like when police seized it!

The investigation has now turned to determining who all was involved in helping this scumbag strip the Cuda, and brining them all in for prosecution. Hopefully a jail sentence, or threat of, will make one of the cockroaches turn on the others, and spill where all the parts are hidden. We are organizing a work party to assemble the car if/when the parts are returned, so Rick can have his beloved Cuda running again! Info will be posted at the Facebook site when it's determined what the next step is.
                        for the help in recovering stolen classic, collector , and special interest cars and parts.
                        Last edited by 1946Austin; July 27, 2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the update and the Facebook link.
                          What a scum bag (or bags) that did this to this car........Karma can be a real bitch.

Good on you for your helping the owner out.
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

It is all over the local news tv.. It was a driving car when it was at the storage yard.. The guy obviously knows it is stolen, just doesn't care.. A true scumbag!

Comment

yeah, when the car left storage, it was running and could move under its own power, something I was reading on another forum says that there are spots where a grinder was used, and the bare metal is still fresh, no oxidation on the exposed steel.

the douche-nugget even had the audacity to rip the vinyl top off.

the thing I dont get is that the car was entered into the system as stolen back in 2001, but after two years it was removed. stuff doesnt just stop being stolen. plus this was a rather high profile car, it wasnt just some 1997 honda accord.
                              Last edited by Shelty; July 27, 2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X