Katrina victims sue gov't for $3 quadrillion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Katrina victims sue gov't for $3 quadrillion

BTW, the best way you can make a difference is pick up a shovel and hammer and go help somebody who needs it, not whine about why everyone else should or shouldn't. Agree?
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

what pisses me off are the people that wasted the money that the gov allready gave them. thoes people shouldnt get another dime from us. the people that at least tried to help themselves out of that position but stillneed more help- hell ya lets help thoes guys. screw the blow hards that just want a handout >
      dam i feel better now 8)

Comment

How many are still living in FEMA trailers and will be as long as they are free? How many of those people refuse to get up off their asses and get a job?
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
          I see you live in Iowa. I have no sympathy for folks that build in areas KNOWN to have tornadoes. If and when your home gets leveled by one, don't tell me you didn't see it coming.
          You're right but the singular difference between Iowa and New Orleans is that when the tornadoes level a town here, we all jump in our trucks and rush to their aid instead of trying to loot and shoot anyone that tries to help. Big difference.

I also realize that the original post was made to make fun of the lawsuits. But the fact that there are ANY is just typical of the attitude of the residents of the area. Here in Iowa, we have full basements and storm cellars (Toto!) and we don't sue anyone when we get wiped out. We band together as a community and help our friends and neighbors. Go ahead, look through all the newpaper microfiche you can find and prove me wrong.
          :D

I guess the real problem with New Orleans is that someone thought they could control Mother Nature. In the case of all natural disasters, we have to keep our eye on the real culprit and last time I looked you can't sue Mother Nature. It should be the responsibility of everyone to evaluate where they want to live and take responsibility for the fact they want to live where it is dangerous.

Wow, I apologize to everyone for posting this in a car forum. I will not post again on the topic.

john

Comment

Originally posted by ProRauder

Wow, I apologize to everyone for posting this in a car forum. I will not post again on the topic.

john
            I'm with you on that, John. I also apologize and will stick to cars here!

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
              One hundred years ago, it was every man for himself. If a guy built a house next to a river, everyone around would say, "What a fool! Doesn't he know that the next big flood will wash his house away?" Then when it happened, that fella would rebuild himself, and was too ashamed of himself to even ask for help, much less demand it. People would come and help him out of the goodness of their hearts. These days, with the tremendous affluence in our country, people are allowed to make foolish decisions without criticism. Then when something catastrophic happens, those people are permitted to demand that everyone else help them, and it happens because Americans are so rich. Who is responsible? You and I, that's who. We vote for leaders that approve all sorts of socioeconomic programs that in the end do not really help anyone; they only encourage prople to do what they want to do instead of what they should do. I am not against all government aid, but I am against liberal programs so that lazy and/or foolish people do not have to survive on their own. I have compassion for the folks in the south, and respect the fact that they do not want to move away from the places they have been born and raised. But they really need to take a look at what is the best for their future, and "move to high ground" and start over with their lives. Our country got to where it is because of personal responsibility and a sense of entrepreneurship, but those days are gone because the rich among us can afford to pay for other's mistakes. Any one disagree? Does any one believe that most things should be shared among us? If so, you're welcome to move to Cuba. They do that there. The results speak for themselves.
              beautifully put!

Comment

Having lived within75 miles of where the hurricane made landfall....my experiences in the days following the storm only confirmed my faith in God and also confirmed my realization that human nature is still selfish, greedy, untruthful. Those who do not always put themselves first will usually help not hinder....Those who take and take and look out for #1 will, by nature, stay on that course.
                Example=do you think Dave/Chad/Keith are in this for the money?

Once again, politicians/"experts" need to take a lesson from the HP culture

Said enough, thanks for listening.

Comment

We send billions of "help" money overseas that's NOT appreciated, and sometimes refused. Katrina victims ARE entitled to money. I don't know how to put a price on how much. BUT, we need to help our own before worrying about everbody else in the world. Don't get me started on the MEGA rich, that make their money here (Angelina/Oprah) and spend it ELSWHERE!

Comment

Working...
                  X