Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solar screen

this does not go in car tech..

I am in the north and gaining an ulser to a catalyst of steel screen, aluminum frame, and a downstairs neighbor living on oxygen.
    Smells like a frying pan built badly..
    my temp gauge is right outside the window..it climbs in realtime to 30F beyond ambient..starts stinking like a metal fire...only when window open. I then realized, wow..it is the screens gaining air and reworking into a monster.

this place is beautiful air, I want to get some without going outside.

anybody ever use solar screen
    54x18 mesh?
    seems very dense..bought some by eyesight, not a single example to find on the genius internet.

Will I be able to see through it easy?

I know my current problem is the screens...but would love some examples from the southern crowd. Never saw solar version in use here.

in maine, the summer sun is cooler than september, as the horizon on the south window gains, it gets hotter, all while air is getting cooler. This is my first try on the solar stuff. It will gain useful as winter climbs in, believe it or not.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 1, 2014, 01:54 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

the part number had a upc, the upc found another part number.
    could have gone to home depot. the same screen, they just udated the parts number. UPC reveals what it is, universally.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/New-York-...stomer_reviews

75% block, that is good to see out of.
    The one anomaly here, and I am fixing it. Very nice place.
    I did fix a drain for the oven, the odor could be my own doing, and simply interacting with the bimetal screen.

I thought that setup was extinct...
    steel screen and aluminum together. Bizarre to find that here. Very young building. Vinyl eves etc, from new. I see they even caulked it..hundreds of feet at a time. My time of building is this 90s generation. Hard telling how long that will go. the eves in the newer design is inert electrically, this helped me narrow down to the metal window screen in a huury. Old houses, all wood, even those eves get lit, never calm down until ripped out. Alot of problems fixed in the 90s builds. Nice to see 20 years gone by, still like new.(I have built from the ground up)

compared to where I have been (see taiwans gas explosion), this place is very much a place to stay.

a lesson on screens I guess, find some old design to get talking.
    I also took note 16x16 mesh, and as steel. Quite odd and old, this building just turned 20... cheapass contractor digging into new old stock or something. I bet that part of the crew walked away with a good pile of dough.

I'll ask maintenance if I can help other tenants.. a few other windows here look like they are tortured for thier location. Disabled, who cares..don't have to sit around all day. I met one guy who does woodworking at his own pace. A garden outside for yet another ne, maybe retired farmer or something. I am mixed in with elderly, and any younger is as easy going as me.

edit:

nonmagentic, and not aluminumn. I wonder if its magnesium. I'll wait until they get their bon fire going and throw it in...
    even older than I thought. Crazy setup. Not to mention my ill as a veteran should not have catalysts at the window.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 1, 2014, 06:23 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
    X